School of Arts and Humanities
The School of Arts and Humanities is dedicated to a Christian liberal arts education that leads to transformative learning in the humanities and arts.
Housed in the School of Arts and Humanities
The School of Arts and Humanities includes two departments:
It also houses:
- The Institute for Global Studies – Grace’s gateway to the world, which offers many global opportunities, including short-term trips, study abroad options, modern language degrees, and cultural experiences on campus.
- The Office of Faith, Learning and Scholarship – an office committed to fostering the integration of scholarship and Christian faith.
- The Mount Memorial Art Gallery – an exhibit sharing the artwork of artists from all over the world, including from students here at Grace College.
- The Winona History Center – a history center open to the public that fosters educational and scholarly interest in Winona’s heritage through the preservation and exhibition of historical collections.
Purpose of the School of Arts and Humanities
We see creativity as a chance to emulate the artistic excellence of our Creator, to connect with people from all around the world, and to help individuals and communities thrive. We know our creativity is an act of worship, and our work is bonded with our faith.
Home to more than 40 majors and minors, the School of Arts of Humanities is the heart of Grace College’s intellectual community. We prepare our students for successful careers and Christ-centered global citizenship through our small class sizes, numerous co-curricular opportunities, and various creative outlets. Our faculty is dedicated to assisting students in defining their calling as artists, historians, journalists, performers, translators, lawyers, and designers. But most importantly, they are devoted to your growth as a Christian. Through gifts of creative expression, students become servant leaders in our culturally diverse world—to open doors for hope, understanding, and collaborative change.
School of Arts and Humanities Majors and Minors
History and Political Science Majors
History and Political Science Minors
- History Minor
- Political Science Minor
- Geography Minor
- Pre-Law Minor
- Archaeology Minor
- Museum Studies Minor
Languages, Literature, and Communication Majors
- Communication Major
- Digital Communication Major
- English Major
- English Education Major
- French Major
- French Education Major
- Journalism Major
- Spanish Major
- Spanish Education Major
- World Languages Major
Languages, Literature, and Communication Minors
- Communication Minor
- Creative Writing Minor
- Digital Communication Minor
- English Minor
- French Minor
- Journalism Minor
- Political Communication Minor
- Public Relations Minor
- Spanish Minor
Visual and Performing Arts Majors
- Art and Visual Culture Major
- Eco-Art Major
- Music Production Major
- Photography Major
- Visual Communication Design Major: Graphic Design Concentration
- Visual Communication Design Major: Illustration Concentration
- Visual Communication Design Major: Media Arts Concentration
- Worship Arts Major
Visual and Performing Arts Minors