Department of Science and Mathematics
Recognizing God as Creator pushes us to appreciate and understand his creation more deeply in the Department of Science and Mathematics.
At the Core of our academic pursuits at Grace is our relationship with God, others, ourselves, and the physical world we live in. Because this world and all that is in it has been created by God and placed into our care, there is a natural relationship between our faith and the study of Science and Mathematics. Science and Mathematics are the means by which we learn from the world that God has made. And as we study it, we find that the beauty and knowledge we discover points us back to the Creator.
The professors who oversee the learning in the Department of Science and Mathematics, at Grace believe that a Christian perspective in academics is life-altering and career-defining. They believe—and encourage their students to believe—that God not only created all that we know, but also gives us sufficient evidence of His creation.
So while we study biology, physics, chemistry, ecology, and mathematical models, we remain cognizant that we are studying God’s creation. In this, we unite the classroom experience with the worship experience— absorbing scientific knowledge about the majesty of God’s creation while humbly recognizing and extolling Him as the Creator.
Science and Mathematics Dual Degrees
Science and Mathematics Majors
- Actuarial Science Major
- Biology Major – General Biology Concentration
- Biology Major – Neurobiology Concentration
- Chemistry Major
- Computer Science Major
- Environmental Biology Major
- Environmental Science Major
- Environmental Studies Major
- Exercise Science Major – Fitness and Nutrition Concentration
- Exercise Science Major – Health and Wellness Concentration
- Exercise Science Major – Pre-Physical Therapy Concentration
- General Science Major
- Health Science Major
- Life Science Education Major
- Mathematics Major
- Mathematics Education Secondary Major
- Medical Imaging Major