World Languages Major
If you love languages and cultures and wish to attain proficiency in three languages beyond English, you’ll fit in perfectly with the World Languages students at Grace College. This program will give you competency in multiple languages, increase your personal interactions with numerous communities, and lead to a wide array of careers and possibilities.
In on-campus courses focusing on acquiring linguistic and cultural skills, students develop their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills, as well as cultural awareness. The required Study Abroad program in two other cultures, such as Argentina, France, Germany, Spain, China, or the Middle East, gives you the opportunity to solidify your language skills and to discover other civilizations first-hand. You will also develop a dynamic Christian worldview as you encounter differing cultural values and beliefs during your study abroad experience, and learn to live as a global citizen.
Click here for recent Communications news.
- French, Spanish, Greek, and Hebrew (Available On Campus)
- Linguistics (Available On Campus)
- Civilization (Available On Campus)
- Chinese, German, Arabic, Japanese, Hungarian, and Korean (Available Abroad)
- Business (Available Abroad)
- Communication (Available Abroad)
- International Missions
- World Health Organizations and Non-Profits
- Marketing or PR for International Businesses
- Intelligence Agencies or Military Intelligence
World Languages Major is a Good Fit for Those Who Are:
- Quick Learners
- Analytical Thinkers
- Attentive to Different Ways of Seeing the World
- Interested in Bridging Disparate Communities
The faculty at Grace College truly lived their lives in a way that allowed the light of Christ to shine through them. Grace College prepared me not only to teach in the classroom but to be a lifelong learner, especially in my spiritual walk.Lenny Krebs, Grace College Alumnus
Education with a Biblical Worldview
At the heart of a Grace education are academically challenging courses that are specifically designed to foster a thirst for character, competence, and service within the hearts and minds of our students.
Being a transfer student, I felt God leading me to Grace because of its great academic programs, amazing professors, and its ever-present integration of faith and learning.Grant Lawrence, Current Grace College Student