English Education Major
Grace’s English education major combines a broad liberal arts experience with specialized preparation for teaching English in middle and high school. Our comprehensive program meets the licensure requirements for teaching English language at the secondary level. Students take advanced literature and writing courses in addition to School of Education courses in pedagogy and curriculum development. In addition, students complete one semester of student teaching and enjoy many opportunities to observe experienced education professionals, thanks to our connections with nearby private, charter and public schools.
Click here for recent School of Education news.
Click here for recent School of Arts & Sciences news.
- World, British, and American Literature
- Creative and Professional Writing
- Young Adult Literature
- Teaching in the Middle and High School
- Teaching Exceptional Learners
- The Sounding Board (Grace College School Newspaper)
- Inkspot (Grace College Literary Magazine)
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Writer’s Block Creative Writing Workshop
- Forensics Team (Grace College Competitive Speaking)
- Annual Stratford Theatre Festival trip
English Education Major is a Good Fit for Those Who Are:
- Passionate about Literature
- Lifelong Learners
- Strong Communicators
- Interested in Other Perspectives
The faculty at Grace College truly lived their lives in a way that allowed the light of Christ to shine through them. Grace College prepared me not only to teach in the classroom but to be a lifelong learner, especially in my spiritual walk.Lenny Krebs, Grace College Alumnus
Education with a Biblical Worldview
At the heart of a Grace education are academically challenging courses that are specifically designed to foster a thirst for character, competence, and service within the hearts and minds of our students.
Being a transfer student, I felt God leading me to Grace because of its great academic programs, amazing professors, and its ever-present integration of faith and learning.Grant Lawrence, Current Grace College Student