English Education Major
A major in English Education at Grace College will explore the ins and outs of teaching English in middle and high school. As you consider an array of colleges with English Education majors near you in the midwest, be assured that when you find your way to Winona Lake, Indiana, you will discover a top college for English Education taught with a biblical worldview. A Grace College English Education degree will help you make workable connections between literature and pedagogy, preparing you to weigh questions and create conversation in a Christian college context.
This program is for you if you are serious about creating impact in an English Education career. With a bachelor’s degree in English Education, you will be required to get real-world experience ensuring you are equipped for jobs in language arts instruction, school libraries, education administration, and countless other areas.
Future English Teacher, the way forward is Grace.
- World, British, and American Literature
- Creative and Professional Writing
- Young Adult Literature
- Teaching in the Middle and High School
- Teaching Exceptional Learners
- The Sounding Board (Grace College School Newspaper)
- Inkspot (Grace College Literary Magazine)
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Writer’s Block Creative Writing Workshop
- Forensics Team (Grace College Competitive Speaking)
- Annual Stratford Theatre Festival trip
English Education Major is a Good Fit for Those Who Are:
- Passionate about Literature
- Lifelong Learners
- Strong Communicators
- Interested in Other Perspectives
The faculty at Grace College truly lived their lives in a way that allowed the light of Christ to shine through them. Grace College prepared me not only to teach in the classroom but to be a lifelong learner, especially in my spiritual walk.Lenny Krebs, Grace College Alumnus
Education with a Biblical Worldview
At the heart of a Grace education are academically challenging courses that are specifically designed to foster a thirst for character, competence, and service within the hearts and minds of our students.
Being a transfer student, I felt God leading me to Grace because of its great academic programs, amazing professors, and its ever-present integration of faith and learning.Grant Lawrence, Current Grace College Student