We want you here at Grace College! Fill out our five-minute Lancer App!

Financial Aid Benefits

Financial Aid for Military Student

Applying for financial aid can seem daunting, and we understand how important this step is in reaching your goals. We’re here to help. The first step to applying for financial aid is to file the FAFSA. After receiving your FAFSA back, we can further assist you with your financial aid.

Benefits Available for Veterans

Life in the military is one of great courage and discipline. The GI Bills® and other programs provide military finances/benefits for veterans pursuing higher education. These benefits are well earned because of the value in protecting our country. Below you will find more information about available benefits for your call into furthering your education.

Apply Your Benefit to Grace College
Visit the eBenefits website to apply for your benefits. Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to Grace College so we can certify your classes for VA payment.

Chap. 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
This bill is for those who have served at least 90 days of active duty after September 11, 2001. You can receive these benefits if you are still on active duty or if you have been honorably discharged. You can receive up to 36 months of education benefits. These benefits can be transferred to dependents with service branch approval. If you have 100 percent eligibility, you are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.

The VA’s website has more information on the GI Bill®.

Chap. 30 – Montgomery GI Bill® (Active Duty)
These benefits are available to those who enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces. This is eligible for those who have served 2 years active duty. Those who are eligible can receive up to 36 months of education benefits.

The VA’s website has more information on the Montgomery Bill.

Chap. 31 – VA Vocational Rehabilitation
You may receive this to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching. Those who expect to receive an honorable discharge or have a severe injury may be eligible for this.

The VA’s website has more information on Vocational Rehabilitation.

Chap. 35 – Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
This program applies to dependents of Veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or of a Veteran who died while on active duty. They may receive up to 45 months of education benefits.

The VA’s website has more information on DEA.

Chap. 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill® (Selected Reserves)
This program is eligible for members of selected reserves. They must have a six-year obligation in one of those areas. Those who are entitled may receive up to 36 months of education benefits.

The VA’s website has more information on MGIB-SR.

Chap. 1607 – Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)
This program is available to those who have been called to active duty in response to a war. This must have occurred for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001.

The VA’s website has more information on REAP.

Tuition Assistance Top Up
This can be used for active duty members who do not plan to continue their education after service. This program is not available for those who are eligible for Chapter 1606. This allows you to serve GI Bill® benefits for after your service to complete your education program.

The VA’s website has more information on Tuition Assistance Top Up.

Tuition Assistance
Tuition Assistance is a DOD program, not a VA program. It provides money for college course costs and has limits on how much it will pay per credit hour and how many credit hours per fiscal year it will pay for.

The GoArmyEd website has more information on Tuition Assistance.

Learn More About Benefits and Scholarships

We have also provided information about available education benefits you can receive. If you have questions about military scholarships you are eligible to receive, follow the link about Benefits for Veterans or contact our Veteran’s Specialist at 574.372.5100 ext. 6415.