Top 20+ Apps for College Students
When it comes to succeeding in college, there are a number of things you need. Many of these elements have stood the test of time: a comprehensive packing list, a good roommate, and a local church home. But here’s one your parents didn’t have to think about when they went off to college — apps.
Downloading apps for college students could make a world of a difference for you in college. The right apps will not only save you time and keep you accountable, but they will also help you ace your exams or even choose where you’re enjoying your next meal.
Read on for what we have determined as the top 20+ apps for college students.
Best College Apps For Study
- Vocabulary Builder from Magoosh – When you need a more extensive vocabulary for your speech or English course, what better way to elevate your vocabulary than a quiz game? Whether you are writing for an entrance exam, a graduate-level paper, or simply for the sake of growing, learning new words never needs to be a scary proposition.
- Dragon Dictation – This app allows you to easily dictate documents of any length, edit, format and share them directly from your iPhone or iPad — whether you’re visiting a job site or your local coffee shop. Now that’s #winning.
- Brainscape – Smart Flashcards – For those who enjoy the old-school method of flashcards but would like to save money and paper, Brainscape is for you! Brainscape also allows you to share across devices and with friends. This way, studying can be a communal experience.
- Evernote & Penultimate – This might just be one of the best apps for college students. It’s the ultimate note-taking app. Any app-maker that understands its reach to multiple generations and varied tastes deserves to be on a list such as this.
- SelfControl – Turn off your other apps with this convenient timer so that you can study. For anyone with the willpower to do this without an app, please don’t judge the rest of us!
Apps For College Students in Everyday Life
- Todoist – The life of a college student is an entrance into adulthood, which means keeping track of responsibilities, relationships, and everything else requiring attention to detail. A to-do list can help you maintain focus on the present while not allowing one to forget what’s looming.
- Feedly – There’s so much great content on the internet. We’re bound to miss much of it. By simply plugging in your interests, you can find blogs and news sites that will cater to what you enjoy. Enjoy reading on your own schedule and all in one place.
- Sparknotes – If you don’t already know what Sparknotes is from highschool, then this is one of the apps for college students you should consider downloading…especially if you have a literature class on you schedule!
- Venmo – Instead of asking the waiter to split the check six ways, this app can transfer cash to a friend. College students may not have a lot of cash, but managing it digitally is key.
- Alarmy – Sleeping past the alarm will no longer be a problem for you when you get alarmy. This app gives you assignments like taking pictures of different rooms, shaking the phone, or solving math problems in order to get the alarm to turn off. This just might be your saving grace for your next 8 a.m. exam.
Apps For Everything Else
- MyFitnessPal – Being productive in every other area of life won’t happen if one is out of shape. MyFitness Pal is a great app for tracking workouts and diet. With this handy app, you can track nutrients by either scanning barcodes of various food items or manually finding them in the app’s large pre-existing database.
- Resume Star (iPhone) My Resume Builder (Android) – This is one of the best apps for college students who are constantly looking for a job. Resume star allows you to create a resume from scratch or use a template so that you can have a resume ready to hand out at a moment’s notice.
- Scribd – If your love for reading hasn’t been squashed by all the required reading you have to do for college, then this app offers access to books, audiobooks, magazines and more.
- Tiny Scanner – The speed of business is faster than snail mail and fax machines. But documents still need to get delivered, and if a copy machine with a scanner is not readily available, then what’s a person to do? Using Tiny Scanner, you will be able to deliver those important documents in a cinch.
- Weather App – Sure, looking out the window works sometimes, but when you need to check the weather for your hall bonfire event tomorrow night, having a weather app is a must.
Apps for Grace College
- LearningHouse – This is the platform Grace College uses for professors to communicate with their students virtually. Download this app to readily check your grades, view your course syllabus, and receive updates about your assignments.
- Bite – This app is offered by Sodexo, our dining vendor. The app will keep you informed on what’s being served each day at Alpha Dining so that you can make a wise decision about whether you’re feeling Alpha or Westy!
While the list of best apps for college students is a long one, don’t forget to stay connected on campus. Apps are meant to be tools, not crutches. Remember to be present and get in the loop with what is happening on campus…oh wait, there are apps for that too!
If you don’t already have Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Snapchat, then add them to your list of apps for college students. If you already have them downloaded, be sure to follow Grace College on each platform to stay up-to-date with all that is happening on our campus and in our community.