Bienvenue! Whether you have previously studied French or are a beginner, the French program at Grace College invites you into a world of new language and cultural experiences. As an official language of the United Nations, NATO, UNESCO, and the International Red Cross, French is a strategic choice for students interested in diplomacy, international business, missions, and humanitarian work. It is also a language that gives you access to some of the most influential thinkers and writers in European history. On campus, our students have the opportunity to study not only French language, but also French and Francophone culture, literature, and film. We offer a range of cocurricular activities, including conversation hours, cultural workshops, and film viewings. Students majoring in French or French Education solidify their skills by spending a semester or summer at Université de Bourgogne in Dijon, France, or Laval University in Quebec, Canada, for an immersive, cross-cultural experience through our Study Abroad program.
Click here for recent Department of Literature news.
- French Literature
- Advanced French Conversation
- French and Francophone Culture and Civilization
- French Style and Composition
- International Misisons
- World Health Organization and Non-Profits
- Marketing or PR for International Business
- Auction Houses
French is a Good Fit for Those Who Are:
- Passionate Communicators
- Attentive to Different Ways of Seeing the World
- Interested in Bridging Disparate Communities
- Lovers of Stories and Histories