Explore the Grace College Health and Fitness Center
There is nothing quite like a local gym. Who doesn’t love the “clink” of racking up after a heavy lift, the open space in the aerobics room to stretch, and the fitness room banter and camaraderie? Your gym might be okay, but there is no health and fitness center quite like the one at Grace College.
Established in 2003, the Gordon Health and Wellness Center (GHAWC) offers the Grace community a full range of services to promote wellness, physical fitness, and physical activity. Our state-of-the-art gym includes a variety of spaces for many to enjoy. We will take a “blog tour” through the facility, and you can click the links to enjoy the virtual tour as we go!
Stop #1: The Lobby
The health and fitness center lobby is a popular spot for students to hang out after a long day, or relax before classes. The lobby has a lounge area with a television that is always playing the latest sports news. Complete with a pool table and ping-pong table, this is also a great spot to get your own competition on. Whether it be challenging the infamous Romanian table tennis champion, Dr. Rata, to a ping-pong match, or organizing a large group game of around-the-world, you’re sure to have a great time!
You can also access our campus store from the Grace College gym lobby where you will find a wide selection of Lancer apparel. But you don’t have to wait until the campus opens to shop! Shop now.
Stop #2: The Fitness Room
You can’t miss our 4,000 square-foot fitness center equipped with a 17-piece line of Cybex Eagle strength equipment, and a full range of free-weight equipment. Grab your workout buddy, and start racking up!
The room also boasts in its cardio center which provides 12 High-Tech Life Fitness cardio machines including six treadmills, three ellipticals, and three stationary bikes. The latest additions include two Stair Masters and a rowing machine as well.
Stop #3: The Aerobics Room
Did you know that Grace provides free group fitness classes during the school year at its health and fitness center? These classes take place at a variety of times to fit your schedule and meet a variety of fitness levels and needs. Some of our classes include Athletic Yoga, p90X, Strong, and Piyo. Oh…and we cannot forget the ever-popular Zumba classes that take place in the evening! Find a complete list of the goings-on at the Grace College gym on our GHAWC Facebook page!
All of this, and more, takes place in our 2,800 square-foot aerobics room complete with a wood floor and wall-mounted ballet bars.
Stop #4: The Fieldhouse
Our fieldhouse is a 32,000 square-foot enclosed room that includes four basketball courts, an 80-yard six-lane straight track, a 1/10 mile four-lane indoor oval track, volleyball nets, and two batting cages. This room in the Grace College gym serves many purposes for the school and Warsaw community.
- It transforms into a boat-part store and boat-assembly station for our annual freshman event The Hike.
- The GHAWC houses our annual Lancer camps where kids from the community develop their athletic skills under the coaching of our Lancer athletes.
- It is the setting for our intramural basketball and volleyball games that take place at 9 p.m. – 11:50 p.m. on weeknights. (Did we mention college shakes things up for the sleepy-heads?)
- And it is also where many events for our campus-wide competition, The Joust, take place — whether it be a 90-player game of knock-out, an obstacle race, or a spikeball show-down.
- The GHAWC also transforms from a gym into a children’s marketplace where community kids’ clothing and toys are sold to raise money for Kid’s Market Inc.
Stop #5: The Athletic Performance Room
Tucked behind our frequented fitness room is a space that our varsity athletic teams utilize on a regular basis for team training and meetings. This 1,300 square-foot Athletic Performance room contains Hammer Strength combo racks, a full set of DB free weights, Vertimax trainer, and plenty of agility equipment located on a turf flooring.
Stop #6: The Golf Room
Some might not know about the state-of-the-art indoor putting green we have! This is the perfect space for our golf players to “tee-it-up” on a cold or rainy day when the course is closed!
So now that we’ve “taken you around” the health and fitness center, you should know that the GHAWC is not just for Grace students. The way of Grace leads us to be generous with what we’ve been given, so we’ve extended an invitation to the Grace College gym to several additional groups in our community:
- Grace College & Seminary employees and their spouses
- Grace College & Seminary alumni and their spouses
- Community senior citizens – age 60 and up (must obtain medical release)
- Local law enforcement and fire/ems personnel
If you fall into one of these categories, (hopefully!) we will see you at the health and fitness center soon!