How & When To Seek Help
Our registered nurse is available to assist with minor illnesses and injuries. Referrals may be provided to a local physician, family physician, or specialist as needed.
Hours of Operation
- 9 to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday
- No Appointment Needed
- Free Visits
- Select Lab Testing – $5 to $15
Our therapists are available to offer both individual and group counseling options for stress-related college or personal issues. These services cover a variety of concerns including emotional, academic, social, spiritual, premarital, and family.
- 9 to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Two Evenings Per Week
- By Appointment Only
- Pre-Register on Grace Portal at www.grace.edu/healthforms
- Eight Free Sessions Per Semester
- Additional Visits – $5 Each
Absence Due to Illness
- The Health Center exists to assist students during times of illness and to promote healthy living. Specific to illness, the Health Center does not provide excuses for missed classes related to common illness. Faculty members retain the prerogative to excuse or not excuse an absence. The Health Center will assist with communication for an extended illness.
- While the Health Center will assist students related to their illness, the Health Center does not make decisions related to class or chapel attendance. Students are responsible for communicating with faculty regarding attendance policies. In some circumstances, students may be told by a healthcare provider that they should not attend class. If a care provider determines that a student should not be attending class(es) and provides documentation, the Health Center will communicate this to faculty.
- For students on a meal plan who are too ill to get to Alpha Dining Commons, at the request of the Health Center appropriate meals (light, clear, regular) can be provided by Food Services. The ill student is to ask a friend or RA to pick up the meal during normal Dining Commons hours.