How & When To Seek Help
Help is available. Here's how to find it.
Our registered nurse is available to assist with minor illnesses and injuries. Referrals may be provided to a local physician, family physician, or specialist as needed.
Hours of Operation
- 9 to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday
- No Appointment Needed
- Free Visits
- Select Lab Testing – $5 to $15
Our therapists are available to offer both individual and group counseling options for stress-related college or personal issues. These services cover a variety of concerns including emotional, academic, social, spiritual, premarital, and family.
- 9 – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Two Evenings Per Week
- By Appointment Only
- Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eight Free Sessions Per Semester (undergraduates at Winona Lake campus) with Additional Visits – $5 Each
- Graduate Students (at Winona Lake campus) $35/Session.
Absence Due to Illness
- The Health Services exists to assist students during times of illness and to promote healthy living. Specific to illness, the nurse does not provide excuses for missed classes related to common illness. Faculty members retain the prerogative to excuse or not excuse an absence. The nurse will assist with communication for an extended illness.
- While the nurse will assist students related to their illness, the nurse does not make decisions related to class or chapel attendance. Students are responsible for communicating with faculty regarding attendance policies. In some circumstances, students may be told by a healthcare provider that they should not attend class. If a care provider determines that a student should not be attending class(es) and provides documentation, the nurse will communicate this to faculty.
- For students on a meal plan who are too ill to get to Alpha Dining Commons, at the request of the nurse appropriate meals (light, clear, regular) can be provided by Food Services. The ill student is to ask a friend or RA to pick up the meal during normal Dining Commons hours.