COVID-19 Operating Plan
This site provides updates and resources for the Grace College & Seminary community regarding COVID-19 and its impact on our campus.
The following protocols are based on state health recommendations and in consultation with county health authorities. Recognizing the changing nature of COVID-19, these plans will be reviewed, and any updates will be communicated to the campus community.
We are optimistic that our vibrant Christ-centered community will thrive in the year ahead, as we live by the ways of grace.
Love your neighbor as yourself.
Check Your Symptoms
Conduct a personal wellness check, and if feeling sick, isolate while seeking medical care.
Practice Good Hygiene
Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
Sanitize & Clean Your Space
Take responsibility to sanitize and clean the spaces you use.
What to Do if You Are Sick
Assess your health for COVID-19 symptoms:
If you do not feel well, isolate from others as much as possible and test for Covid.
3. Communicate and Seek Care
Students: Call Health Services (574) 372-5100 ext. 6472. If you are feeling unwell after hours contact the Resident Director on call (574) 635-5737. If your symptoms are moderate to severe you may seek care at Medstat, Physicians Urgent Care, or the emergency room. If this is an emergency please call 911.
Reviewing Isolation and Quarantine Protocols
Below are general guidelines for isolation and quarantine. Specific protocol details will be provided by Health Services.
Isolation if Infected
Grace will provide symptomatic testing at minimal cost to the student. Students who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate.
- Residential students will isolate at home, if that is not possible students will be able to isolate in their resident hall room.
- Student will be allowed to pick up meals from Alpha while wearing a mask.
- Students will work with their faculty to stay engaged with their learning.
- Length of isolation will be a minimum of 5 days.
- Students will be permitted to return to class and regular activities on day 6 as long as symptoms are improving and they have been fever free without medication for 24 hours. A mask must be worn through day 10.
Students Exposed to COVID-19
- As recommended by the CDC and State of Indiana, there is no longer a quarantine requirement for close contacts of individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19. Students should closely monitor themselves for symptoms.
- A mask must be worn for the 10 days following exposure and testing should be completed on day 6 using a home test.
Grace is no longer conducting contact tracing but we strongly recommend that students who test positive for COVID-19 notify their close contacts.
Masks and social distancing will be optional for all students and employees. Students and employees may choose to wear a mask at any time in any campus location.
We are not requiring the vaccine for students, but recommend that students discuss the COVID-19 vaccine and seasonal flu vaccine with their primary care provider.
We will assist international students who desire a vaccine in obtaining one through our local health department or other community vaccination site.