Accounting Fair Student Information & Registration
About The Event
This event is for Sophomore, Junior, and Senior accounting students from Grace College, Huntington University, Indiana Wesleyan University, University of Saint Francis, Goshen College, Bethel University, Saint Mary’s College and Trine University. The faculty of your accounting program encourage your participation in this event. This is a FREE event. There is NO fee for you to participate – only the cost of your transportation to get to Grace College in Winona Lake.
What Do I Need To Do?
- You must register online on or before Friday September 9, 2022. (click on the registration link below) It takes less than 2 or 3 minutes and lets us know who will be attending the event.
- Get your resume prepared! Your Career Center is ready to help you put together a great resume for this event…seek their expertise. You will need to bring several copies of your resume to pass out to the employers you speak with.
- Tell your Accounting Department Chairperson of your interest in attending this career fair. There may be an opportunity to carpool with other students from your school.
- Dress professionally! Make sure you have a great suit to interview in. Your Career Center can give you pointers on what to wear.
- Ask your Career Center or Accounting Professor for assistance on how to market yourself effectively at the career fair.
Event Date and Time
Wednesday, September 21, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Manahan Orthopaedic Capital Center on the campus of Grace College in Winona Lake, IN. (physical address: 610 Wooster Road, Winona Lake, IN)
Format of the Day:
- Students need to arrive between 8:15 a.m. and 8:50 a.m.
- At 8:50 a.m. there will be an informational meeting for students in room 106.
- Doors open for the morning session at 9:00 a.m. and will run until 11:00 a.m.
- Networking lunch for employers and students – 11:30 p.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Afternoon session (personal 20-minute interviews with employers) – 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Event concludes at 3:30 p.m.
Details About the Day:
During the Morning Session, you will visit the employer display tables of your choosing and engage each employer in conversation about yourself and about their company. Do your research before the event on each of the companies you plan to speak with.
The Networking Luncheon will permit you to continue to connect with employers but in a more casual environment. Your lunch is included, so come and enjoy socializing professionally.
The Afternoon Session will be a series of 20-minute interviews, in which you have been chosen for by the employers. You may have up to 7 interviews, this depends upon conversations which took place earlier in the day.