Notice of Board Meeting
Thursday, April 18, 2019, at 1:30 p.m.
Westminster Hall, Conference Room A
Grace College Campus
105 9th Street, Winona Lake, Indiana
In May 2001, Governor Frank O’Bannon signed a law that allowed educators, parents, and others across Indiana to create charter schools. Charter schools are tuition-free public schools open to any state resident. These schools are authorized by the Indiana Code, Article 24: Charter Schools. The charter schools control their own curriculum, staffing and budget. In exchange for this freedom, the charter schools must maximize student potential and meet or exceed Indiana’s new academic standards.
Grace College is committed to fulfilling its role as a high-quality charter school authorizer by holding its schools accountable across a variety of performance dimensions:
- Students First
- High Expectations
- Excellence in Leadership
- Commitment to Innovation
- Rigorous and Transparent Accountability
Grace Schools Charter Authority LLC’s Mission:
Grace Schools Charter Authority LLC provides educational choice by authorizing public charter schools in communities that express a desire for educational alternatives based on need or innovation and by promoting school accountability which impacts academic programs and student achievement.
Grace Schools Charter Authority, LLC equips districts with professional standards and best practices to authorize and support quality public charter schools for all Indiana students.
- To identify and implement best practices in the charter schools Grace Schools Charter Authority, LLC authorizes
- To promote a charter school application process that encourages operational performance and high-level student achievement
- To uphold school autonomy while maintaining strong accountability that monitors charter effectiveness
The following schools are authorized by Grace College:
- Smith Academy for Excellence
- Dugger Union Community School
- Seven Oaks Classical School
- Otwell Miller Academy
For more information
Contact Tim Ziebarth, Executive Dean of the School of Professional and Online Education, 574-372-5100, ext. 6190 or Lorraine Bingham, Academic Support Specialist, 574-372-5100, ext. 6196 or email email@example.com.
If you have a comment on what can be improved with our charter schools, please fill out our Complaint Policy Form.