ABOUT THE EVENT:
This event is for junior and senior accounting students from Grace College, Huntington University, Indiana Wesleyan University, University of St. Francis, Goshen College, Bethel College and Trine University. The faculty of your accounting program encourage your participation in this event. It is free. There is no cost to you to participate—only the cost of your transportation to get to Westminster Hall at Grace College. We trust you will walk away from this event having made outstanding contacts which will lead to a great accounting internship or full-time job.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?:
- 1. You must register online with us before Friday, September 8, 2017. It takes less than two or three minutes and lets us know who will be attending the event.
- 2. Get several copies of your resume prepared. Your Career Center is ready to help you put together a great resume for the event. Seek their expertise.
- 3. Tell your Accounting Department Chairperson of your interest in attending this career fair. Maybe you can carpool with others from your school.
- 4. Make sure you have a great interviewing suit. Your Career Center can give you pointers on what to look for and may even be willing to go shopping with you. This may be the time to ask your parents or guardians for an early graduation gift that will help you land a great job.
- 5. Ask your Career Center for assistance on how to market yourself effectively at a career fair. Get some interview pointers too. This will make a big difference in your success on September 20.
Click here to register.
DATE AND TIME OF THE EVENT:
Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Westminster Hall on the campus of Grace College
DIRECTIONS TO WESTMINSTER HALL AT GRACE COLLEGE:
105 Ninth Street, Winona Lake, IN 46590
Click here for directions.
FORMAT OF THE DAY:
- Students arrive: 8:30 a.m. to 8:50 a.m.
- Doors open for morning session: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Networking lunch (for employers and students): 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Afternoon session (personal 25-minute interviews with employers): 1:00 p.m. to 3:25 p.m.
- Event concludes: 3:30 p.m.
DETAILS ABOUT THE DAY:
During the Morning Session (9:00 to 11:30), you will visit the employer display tables, engage each employer in conversation, and strive to obtain interviews for the afternoon session. If you cannot be present for the afternoon interviews, please still plan to be a part of the valuable interaction during the morning and during the luncheon. Networking is vital to your job seeking success. We hope that you will plan to stay for the interviews, though. This is what job seekers strive for—a chance to connect one-on-one with an employer who has the ability to hire you.
The Networking Luncheon (12:00 to 12:45) will permit you to continue to connect with employers but in a more casual environment. Your lunch is paid for, so come and enjoy socializing professionally.
The Afternoon Session (1:00 to 3:30) will be a series of 25-minute screening interviews which you have been chosen for by the employers from the Morning Session. You may have one, two or five interviews, all depending upon conversations which took place earlier in the day.
- Your Career Center is a valuable resource for you. Schedule an appointment with them soon. They will help you improve on your ability to market yourself and interview effectively.
- Bring a copy of your resume for each employer that you plan to converse with during the Morning Session.
- Dress professionally, as you would for an accounting interview.