ABOUT THE EVENT:
This event is for junior and senior accounting students from Grace College, Huntington University, Indiana Wesleyan University, University of Saint Francis, Goshen College, Bethel College and Trine University. The faculty of your accounting program encourage your participation in this event. This is a free event. There is no fee for you to participate – only the cost of your transportation to get to Grace College in Winona Lake.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- You must register online with us before Friday, September 7, 2018 (register below). It takes less than two or three minutes and lets us know who will be attending the event.
- Get several copies of your resume prepared! Your Career Center is ready to help you put together a great resume for this event. Seek their expertise. You will need to bring several copies of your resume to pass out to the employers with which you connect.
- Tell your Accounting Department Chairperson of your interest in attending this career fair. Maybe you can carpool with other students from your school.
- Dress professionally! Make sure you have a great interviewing suit. Your Career Center can give you pointers on what to wear.
- Ask your Career Center or Accounting Professor for assistance on how to market yourself effectively at the career fair.
DATE AND TIME OF THE EVENT:
Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Manahan Orthopaedic Capital Center on the campus of Grace College in Winona Lake, IN (610 Wooster Road, Winona Lake, IN 46590).
FORMAT OF THE DAY:
- Students need to arrive between 8:15 a.m. and 8:50 a.m.
- At 8:50 a.m. there will be a short informational meeting for students about the day’s structure.
- Doors open for the morning session at 9:00 a.m. and will run until 11:30 a.m.
- Networking lunch for employers and students will be from 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Afternoon session (personal 25-minute interviews with employers) will happen from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Event concludes at 3:30 p.m.
DETAILS ABOUT THE DAY:
During the Morning Session, you will visit the employer display tables of your choosing and engage each employer in conversation about yourself and about their company. Do your research before the event on each of the companies you plan to speak with at the career fair.
The Networking Luncheon will permit you to continue to connect with employers but in a more casual environment. Your lunch is included at this event, so come and enjoy socializing professionally.
The Afternoon Session will be a series of 25-minute interviews which you have been chosen for by the employers from the Morning Session. You may have one, two or five interviews, all depending upon conversations which took place earlier in the day.