Worship Leader Needed
Coordinating Sunday morning worship (Recruit, schedule, organize, and maintain communication with volunteers. Organize all musical aspects of the service)
Leading Sunday morning worship:
Prepare PowerPoint slides (or other software) as necessary (Publicly communicate verbal worship instructions to the congregation)
- Arrange the order of service for Sunday morning.
- Service order needs to be reviewed with Worship Coordinator no later than the Thursday evening before the Sunday service.
- Service order needs to be emailed no later than Friday noon to the church secretary (for the bulletin), all singers and musicians (involved for that Sunday’s service), the sound room tech, and anyone else involved in the service that day.
- Prepare slides for songs with words/pictures using PowerPoint, Open Song, or other software for use during the service
- If planning/using a new song where a keyboard/piano accompanist or other instrumentalists are needed, please give these individuals enough notice so that they have time for practice.
- Practices are to be held on Sunday mornings from 8:30 – 9:15. Songs used each week should be familiar enough or new songs should be easy enough for the other singers to reasonably learn during this time.
- Frequently communicate with Worship Coordinator. Good things, bad things, what went well, what went not so well, equipment needs, vacations, etc.
- Frequently communicate with the people who will be helping you lead worship. Reminders are very helpful to ensure people will show up for Sunday morning practices.
- Become familiar with and know how to reasonably run the sound equipment.
**For compensation & other information…
Contact Vern Fredericks to apply or with any questions.
First Baptist Church of Warsaw
2819 Patterson Rd
Warsaw, IN 46582