Grace College students Will Lorenz, Grant Carlson, and Jessica Lokotar attended the 131st Annual Indiana Academy of Science meeting held in Indianapolis on March 26. As members of the Indiana Academy of Science, the three students joined 400 scientists and guests for the event. The meeting included 140 oral presentations, 120 poster presentations, 11 hot topic presentations and two workshops. Carlson and Lokotar each gave a poster presentation on their peer-reviewed synthetic organic chemistry research which was published in the event’s proceedings. “They performed excellently as I expected. It was a great experience for them to present their research to fellow scientists and be recognized for their work,” says Dr. Chad Snyder, associate professor of chemistry and director of chemical research at Grace College. Students are now preparing for next year’s meeting where they will be presenting oral and poster presentations. Research for the students’ presentations were funded in part by Grace College faculty members: Don DeYoung, Mark Norris, and John Lillis.
Archive for the ‘Grace Theological Seminary’ Category
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the form by which federal and state governments determine need, can help students cover tuition, room and board. Indiana students may be eligible to receive state grants by submitting the FAFSA by March 10, 2016.
“Applying for college should go hand-in-hand with filing a FAFSA,” said Cindy Sisson, vice president for enrollment management at Grace College. “After being accepted to a college and filing a FAFSA, students will receive information on the federal, state and institutional financial aid for which they are eligible,” she continued.
The FAFSA can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov and the school code for Grace College is 001800. Students may include up to 10 college codes on their FAFSA.
“Students who are accepted to Grace and include code 001800 on their FAFSA will receive a personalized letter from us detailing the complete financial aid package we can offer. Then, an admissions counselor will call them to answer any questions and ensure they understand all aid available to them,” said Sisson.
Grace College endeavors to make quality, Christian higher education accessible to as many students as possible. Ninety-nine percent of Grace College students receive financial aid. Admissions counselors are always available to answer questions and assist families in securing aid, including filing the FAFSA.
For more information about applying to Grace College or general questions about financial aid, visit www.grace.edu/admissions or call 866-974-7223. Personalized assistance for filing a FAFSA is also available at College Goal Sunday on Sunday, Feb. 21 at 2 p.m. at 42 locations around the state. For a full list of Indiana locations, visit www.collegegoalsunday.org/index.php/locations.
By Liz Cutler Gates, graceconnect.us
A book by Grace Theological Seminary faculty member, Matthew Harmon, has been named among The Gospel Coalition’s Top Books of 2015. Harmon’s commentary on Philippians cited as being “evangelical scholarship” at its best. Read the complete list and reviews by clicking here. A portion of the article appears below.
Bible and Theology
Winner: Matthew Harmon, Philippians (Mentor)
Earlier this year I was preparing to teach through Philippians, so I picked up several commentaries. I had never heard of Matthew Harmon. Within the first few weeks of teaching, though, his became the first resource consulted. By the end, it was sometimes the only one. Academically informed, clearly written, and pastorally insightful, this is evangelical scholarship at its best. The volume is filled with helpful outlines, charts, and suggestions for gospel-driven application.
Read the complete list and reviews by clicking here.
2015 Presidential Scholarship Competition Winners
During the weekend of Feb. 13-14, Grace College hosted 155 high school students for its Presidential Scholarship Competition. The competition, held annually, brings finalists to campus to compete for scholarships ranging from $1,000 – full tuition per year.
This year’s winners included:
- Alexandra Gandy, Indianapolis, IN
- Asia Weimer, Hudson, IA
- Erika Combs, Fort Wayne, IN
- Kirsten Mead, Powell, OH
- Benjamin Fultz, Hagerstown, MD
- Logan Swartzentruber, Dalton, OH
- Emily Zilz, Columbia City, IN
- Hannah England, Metamora, MI
- Jennifer Gonzalez, Macedonia, OH
- Virginia Willis, Ashland, OH
- Sydney Burdge, Columbia City, IN
- Paige Price, Warsaw, IN
- Jocelyn Quirple, Hagerstown, MD
- Lauren Rekeweg, Auburn, IN
- Charlotte Byers, Ostrander, OH
- Megan Hansen, Lees Summit, MO
- Julia Kaster, Clinto, WI
- Alec Carey, Uniontown, OH
- Abigail Boswell, Kalamazoo, MI
- Sarah Manko, Blacklick, OH
- Susan Negowski, Bath, OH
- Maryl Gerst, Warsaw, IN
- Lydia Yurkovich, Painesville, OH
- Anna Hertzler, Mears, MI
- Benjamin Tucker, Mansfield, OH
- Austin Risner, Piqua, OH
- Josiah Barkdoll, Lawrenceburg, IN
- Blaze Bowers, Toronto, OH
- Kelsey Saunders, Grand Haven, MI
- Andrea Howell, Frankfurt, IN
- Tyler Stout, Mishawaka, IN
- Carrie Buhmann, Hobart, IN
- Kristy Parks, Lawton, MI
- Noah Osborne, Westfield, IN
- Grace Smith, Fortville, IN
- Kaleb Kramer, Ostrander, OH
- Bejamin DeJong, Hudsonville, MI
- Lily Van Loh, Lansing, MI
Grace College School of Business, Gordon Institute for Enterprise Development Host Third Annual Executive ForumTuesday, November 4th, 2014
Grace College and the Gordon Institute for Enterprise Development are partnering to present the community with the third annual Executive Forum, “Enhancing Communication in Your Organization” on Tuesday, November 18. WOWO Radio political analyst Pat Miller will moderate the event, joined by panelists Barbara Bradley Baekgaard, founder of Vera Bradley; Cory Colman, senior vice president of Paragon Medical; Nick Deeter, founder of OrthoPediatrics; Ed McMillan, former CEO of Purina Mills; and John Zeglis, former CEO of AT&T. Student volunteers from Grace College are involved in the planning and execution of the event.
The forum, held at the Manahan Orthopaedic Capital Center located at 610 Wooster Road on the Grace College campus, is scheduled to begin at 8 a.m. and conclude at 11:45 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend. Admission is $40 per person, and includes a networking breakfast to kick off the event. RSVP on or before November 11 by visiting www.grace.edu/executiveforum. For multiple reservations or additional information, please contact Marsha Yocum at 574.372.5100 ext. 6094 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s forum is sponsored by McGladrey, the leading provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with locations all over the country including South Bend and Indianapolis.
“This event is a perfect opportunity for business leaders in our community to come together, network over a continental breakfast, and enjoy a panel of experienced business leaders,” said Alan Grossnickle, director of the Gordon Institute for Enterprise Development and associate professor of business administration at Grace.
We have great news!! Grace College Career Services have a great site that lists all job postings for current students as well as alumni! They also have special access for employers to submit new job opportunities.
The link is: http://www.collegecentral.com/grace/ This can be accessed on the Grace website through our Career Services page and on the Alumni page. If your previous ID & password no longer work, please feel free to create a new account on this page.
If you live in the area or are visiting campus, please also feel free to stop by the Career Services Office for assistance.
- Hours: Mon. – Fri., 8 am – 5 pm
- Location: Indiana Hall, First Floor
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax Number: 574.372.5118
Thank you all & enjoy the new site!
Title: Associate Pastor of Bethel Church
Focus: Worship and Connections
Purpose: To help implement the Mission of Bethel Church: Leading people to a growing
relationship with Jesus Christ, primarily through general shepherding, leading worship and overseeing the connections ministries
- Be a Shepherd of Bethel Church
- Participate in the duties of the pastoral staff which include but are not limited to: preaching, counseling, weddings, and funerals.
- Serve as an Elder protecting the doctrinal purity and unity of the church.
- collaborate with other leaders to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship at the church.
- Weekly planning of service …selecting songs, arrangements, and ordering of the service.
- Recruit, train, organize and shepherd the worship team and volunteers.
- Oversee all areas of production …audio, light, service management, to facilitate an experience of worship.
- Lead worship for special events …Good Friday, Easter or midweek events.
- Work with the welcome coordinator to ensure guests are warmly welcomed and assisted in finding a seat and navigating the church.
- Oversee the connections strategy of the church …helping people move from attending to belonging.
- Help create a warm welcoming atmosphere Sunday mornings.
For more information or to submit a résumé…
Worship Leader Needed
Coordinating Sunday morning worship (Recruit, schedule, organize, and maintain communication with volunteers. Organize all musical aspects of the service)
Leading Sunday morning worship:
Prepare PowerPoint slides (or other software) as necessary (Publicly communicate verbal worship instructions to the congregation)
- Arrange the order of service for Sunday morning.
- Service order needs to be reviewed with Worship Coordinator no later than the Thursday evening before the Sunday service.
- Service order needs to be emailed no later than Friday noon to the church secretary (for the bulletin), all singers and musicians (involved for that Sunday’s service), the sound room tech, and anyone else involved in the service that day.
- Prepare slides for songs with words/pictures using PowerPoint, Open Song, or other software for use during the service
- If planning/using a new song where a keyboard/piano accompanist or other instrumentalists are needed, please give these individuals enough notice so that they have time for practice.
- Practices are to be held on Sunday mornings from 8:30 – 9:15. Songs used each week should be familiar enough or new songs should be easy enough for the other singers to reasonably learn during this time.
- Frequently communicate with Worship Coordinator. Good things, bad things, what went well, what went not so well, equipment needs, vacations, etc.
- Frequently communicate with the people who will be helping you lead worship. Reminders are very helpful to ensure people will show up for Sunday morning practices.
- Become familiar with and know how to reasonably run the sound equipment.
**For compensation & other information…
Contact Vern Fredericks to apply or with any questions.
First Baptist Church of Warsaw
2819 Patterson Rd
Warsaw, IN 46582
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Specialist
BANK GROUP: Executive
BANK SECTION: Marketing
REPORTS TO: VP, Director of Marketing & Public Relations, Mary Horan
SALARY GRADE: 9 (Exempt)
This position manages the bank’s social media program, executes marketing projects and provides support for Marketing and other lines of business.
- Manages the bank’s social media program including developing strategies for various applications, creating content and managing and scheduling content. Measures effectiveness of the social media program using appropriate programs.
- Supports event marketing for bank lines of business including golf outings, luncheons and other events.
- Develops and implements marketing programs for the bank as assigned, including new product launches, promotions and campaigns.
- Produces print materials as assigned, including obtaining approved art, bidding jobs, overseeing production and handling distribution.
- Provides writing support for collateral material, letters, email and other customer communication.
- Works with vendors including the bank’s advertising agency, social media marketing management vendor and print vendors according to industry standards and bank guidelines.
- Attends various bank marketing events as needed.
- Works on special projects within the department and accepts additional responsibilities as needed.
- Keeps up to date on all compliance testing, issues, and new legislation relating to the job.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED)
1. Concern with Personal Impact/Professionalism and Customer Service Orientation:
- Ability to be professional through one’s speech, actions, appearance and mode of behavior.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- 2. Attention to Detail:
- Accuracy in written and oral communication.
- Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all areas involved.
- Excellent grammar and proof reading skills required.
- Understanding of bank procedures and policies.
- 3. Planning/Organization:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure and concentrate in an orderly, organized, and systematic way.
- Ability to set priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important.
- Accuracy and organization skills to meet deadlines and reporting schedules.
- 4. Initiative:
- Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods of time.
- 5. Judgment:
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses of
- 6. Technical/Procedural Expertise:
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media including trends and applications in the financial services industry. Experience in managing social media programs a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills for a variety of applications including social media content, promotions, collateral material and publications. Knowledge of AP Style a plus.
- Experience in print production.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing concepts and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work and succeed in a team environment.
- Project management skills.
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field required.
Physical effort and/or working conditions that may be required up to 10% of the time are:
- Business travel required.
- Additional hours worked under special circumstances.
- Operating a scanner.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
Physical effort and/or working conditions that may be required more than 50% of the time are:
- Excessive amounts of time staring at computer monitor.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- General office setting.
This position is an ideal entry level position for college graduates with a degree in marketing, communications or a similar field.
To apply, go to www.lakecitybank.com.
The Roann Christian Church is now looking to fill a part-time minister position. Located in the northeast part of Wabash County Indiana,our independent Church serves a rural community and is dedicated to the service of our Lord Jesus.
This is a part-time ministerial position with duties and pay subject to agreement between the minister and the church board.
Please send all correspondence and resumes to:
Roann Christian Church
PO Box 355
Roann, Indiana 46974