An Important Part of Spiritual Life
“We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.”
– 1 Thessalonians 2:8
Growth Groups at Grace College are an important part of the spiritual life of each student. These are small groups of students from your residence hall who meet weekly for encouragement, Bible study and prayer. Each group is led by a Growth Group Leader (GGL), an upperclass student volunteer. GGLs are part of a floor leadership team that are chosen to help provide spiritual development for the students entrusted to them.
Growth Groups provide an atmosphere of Relationship, Encouragement, Accountability and Love both corporately and individually.
- A place where relationships are explored
- Strengthening and deepening relationship with God and/or friends
- A place where encouragement can be experienced
- Opportunities to practice “one another” principles in Scripture
- A place where accountability can be expected
- Opportunities to show support through community standards
- Opportunities for intentional areas of growth
- Love is exemplified
- Opportunities for grace, mercy and understanding will be extended
- Opportunities for outward acts of service
Every student at Grace is encouraged to participate in a growth group.
First-year students are required to attend growth groups.