Grace College believes music is a key component to learning and appreciating the liberal arts experience. If you come to Grace with an enthusiasm for the performing arts, we want you to know there is a place for you to sing, play, perform and praise. Additionally, several of the opportunities below qualify for Applied Learning.
- Wind Ensemble: The wind ensemble is open to students and community members, performing publicly throughout the year. The ensemble rehearses weekly and enjoys playing both popular and classical music selections. Contact director Eric Criss for more information.
- Guitar Ensemble: The guitar ensemble is open to students who want to explore playing chamber music on the nylon string guitar. Different styles, from baroque to jazz will be utilized. The group rehearses weekly and will perform throughout the year. Contact director Scott Workman for more information.
- String Ensemble: The string ensemble is open to students who enjoy playing chamber music from different periods including baroque, classical and modern. They rehearse weekly and perform throughout the year. Contact director Shana Brath for more information.
- Gospel Choir: The gospel choir is open to all students who enjoy singing a wide range of music from the African-American tradition to music from Latin and Asian cultures, covering historic and contemporary styles. The choir meets weekly and performs throughout the school year. Contact Grace College alum and director Aaron Scantlen for more information.
- Lancer Chorus: The chorus is open to all students and community members who enjoy singing and performing choral music. Members will explore, rehearse and perform varied types and styles of music. Performances will include on-campus concerts as well as opportunities in the community. Contact Dr. Ardis Faber for more information.
- Private lessons: Grace offers private instruction for guitar, vocal, piano, percussion and violin. Students interested in private lessons can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on instructors and fees.
- Musicals: Musicals and student-led dramatic productions offered through the theatre department are opportunities for actors/actresses, vocalists and musicians to perform. The small, intimate setting of the Little Theatre and the larger venue, Winona Heritage Room, accommodate both small and large casts. Contact professor Mike Yocum for more information.
- Chapel Worship and Traveling Teams: Grace College chapels and special events are led musically by multiple worship teams. Interested musicians audition for the teams in early fall and serve on a rotating basis. Other opportunities include student worship leader, team musician for residence hall worship nights or SERVE ministry teams. Contact Kyle Brenneman for more information.
- Lancer Pep Band: Come support Grace College athletic teams with music! The Pep Band rehearses pre-game and performs at most men’s and women’s basketball games. Contact Grace College alum and local music teacher Eric Criss for more information.