Unclassified Student Application
Interested in taking a few classes at Grace, but not looking to get a degree? Need to fulfill a requirement for another program? You can take up to 12 credit hours as a non-degree seeking student.
Unclassified Graduate Counseling applicants
Applicants who are not seeking a degree but require additional or specific coursework to satisfy educational requirements related to state licensure may apply to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) program as an unclassified student under the following conditions:
- All individuals applying to take courses in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program must have completed an undergraduate degree and earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- In addition to the Unclassified Application, applicants must also submit a Professional Reference (no family members please) and unofficial transcripts from any institution of higher education attended.
- IMPORTANT: Individuals applying as unclassified students are not guaranteed acceptance into CMHC courses or into the CMHC program. An applicant who has been denied acceptance to the Department of Graduate Counseling (DOGC) is not eligible to take courses in the DOGC as an unclassified student.
Please be aware that unclassified students may take nine (9) credits only from the following courses:
- Theological Foundations of Counseling (CPY5050) 3 credits
- Foundations of Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CPY5100) 3 credits
- Personality and Counseling Theories (CPY5200) 3 Credits
- Spirituality in Counseling (CYP5480) 1 credit elective
- Research and Program Evaluation (CPY5592) 3 credits
- Gender and Sexuality (CPY5750) 3 credits
- Ethical and Legal Issues (CPY6200) 3 credits
- Contemporary Issues and Trends in Counseling (CPY6250) 1 credit elective
- Social and Cultural Issues (CPY6500) 3 credits
Unclassified Graduate Counseling students may not take courses other than those listed above. Students currently enrolled in the CMHC program are given first priority in registering for classes. Not all classes will have openings for unclassified students. Please note: Those who do not have a background in behavioral science or counseling may not be successful in these graduate-level courses.
Questions about your application?
Email Admissions or call 866-974-7223.