- Lead/administrate/resource and promote comprehensive vision of Youth Ministry through the Think Orange strategy (XP3 curriculum).
- Oversee the recruitment and development of volunteer youth staff. Conduct regular planning meetings, including regular communications.
- Maintain regular, effective lines of communication between the youth ministry to the youth and their families, as well as to the church overall.
- Establish and facilitate regular youth meetings (i.e. small groups, Bible studies, social gatherings, etc).
- Develop and maintain youth leadership team, complete with regular planning meetings.
- Managing Jr. High & Sr. High Discipleship teachers and curriculum.
- Promote district and national youth participation.
- Expose youth to service opportunities in and around the local community, as well as within the church and short-term mission trips.
- Maintain individual interaction with youth (online interaction: Facebook, Twitter, Email & personal interaction: attend extra curricular events, school visits).
Children’s Ministry & Parents’ Ministry
- Oversee the spiritual development and fulfillment of the children’s ministry vision.
- Lead forward in the Think Orange Process by manage/administrate/equip and resource the curriculum & staffing for First Look (pre-school) & 252 (Elementary).
- Assist Christian Education Ministry in Development of the children’s ministry team through recruiting, orientation, training, organizing, and encouraging.
- Provide leadership, guidance and resourcing for Parents in conjunction with the curriculum.
- Develop, oversee and evaluate the processes that ensure the safety and security of all children during all programs.
Other Pastoral Duties
- Assist with planning and implementation of Sunday morning worship services (including preaching as needed).
- Participate in all Staff and Advisory Board meetings.
- Provide counseling on an as needed basis.
- Perform weddings, funerals, baptisms and baby dedications as needed.
- Represent the church by serving on appropriate committees or boards of the Brethren Church (Ashland, OH) and the Indiana District of the Brethren Church.
- Participate in monthly district Youth Pastor’s Cluster.
- Be involved in the life of the community.
- Attend conferences/seminars for professional development.
- Regularly read various books, articles, blogs related to ministry.
SALARY and BENEFITS: Negotiable, Commensurate with Education and Experience.
Candidates are asked to provide: a resume and either a cover letter or upload a 1-2 minute YouTube video sharing why they feel they would fit well in this ministry position.
Send resume & cover letter/video to:
By email – PRNFBC@gmail.com or mail to…Nappanee First Brethren Church C/O: Tony Hasse, PR Chair 1600 North Main St., Nappanee, IN 46550 574-773-4252 www.firstbrethrenchurch.com Click here for Full Nappanee Pastor of Student Ministries Description