STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
BENEFITS: Parsonage, Health Insurance, Mileage Reimbursement, and Professional Growth
Blue River Church of the Brethren in Northern Indiana seeks to call an energetic and dynamic pastor to minister to the youth, young adults and married young adults segment of our church and to grow this segment of the congregation from the surrounding community.
Blue River COB Mission Statement:
Blue River is a church that seeks to worship God Biblically, teach believers the Word of God, and proclaim the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ alone.
- The primary task of the Associate Pastor is to develop and implement a comprehensive ministry for youth, young adults and married young adults while upholding the New Testament doctrines in preaching, teaching, and life, with special emphasis on the doctrines described in the “Brethren Card.”
- He will identify & reach out to the youth, young adults, and married young adults in the Blue River COB surrounding community so that growth and retention can be achieved in this group of people.
- He will work to maintain continuity between this ministry and the church as a whole so that the transitions between the various groups are as smooth as possible. He will promote interaction and unity between all age groups within the church.
- He will work closely on a monthly basis with the Senior Pastor for personal growth and mentoring to ensure spiritual and doctrinal unity among the pastoral staff.
- He will provide a unified sense of purpose and direction in terms of evangelism, edification, discipleship and such other ministry involvement that serves to stimulate excitement and participation within the church and to attract other young people and their parents to Blue River and ultimately to a saving faith in Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with Him.
- He will coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth, young adult, and married young adults in partnership with the Christian Education Committee while teaching the young adult/ married young adult.
- He will participate in worship services as requested, including filling the pulpit (without additional compensation) when the Pastor is away.
- He will be sensitive to the rich history and culture of Blue River COB while moving forward to minister to and grow the church in today’s secular environment.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the Blue River Church of the Brethren’s mission statement.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, and volunteers.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
The position of Associate Pastor for Youth and Young Adults is directed by the Ministerial Committee. The Associate Pastor will communicate regularly with the Senior Pastor, Official Board, Ministerial Committee, and Youth Steering Committee for goal setting, sharing, evaluating, problem solving, and prayer support.
If you are interested in this position, please request a copy of our profile from the:
Northern Indiana District Office
162 E. Market Street Nappanee, IN 46550
Craig Alan Myers
Blue River Church of the Brethren
3040 E. 700 North
Columbia City, IN 46725
or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org