Here are a few criteria that our Search Committee has deemed desirable for this position…
- A family man with school age children.
- He should be a Godly, compassionate man with an education of Bible College or Seminary.
- Should have a good relationship with his wife.
- The wife’s education is not a concern, but she should be active in the church. If the wife desires to have outside employment or a career, it is not a problem.
- Some experience in church work or on a pastoral staff for 5 to 10 years is preferable.
- He should accept and support our affiliations (OARBC and GARBC, check websites) and also agree and abide by our constitution.
- Must be grounded in the Word of God and be a good preacher.
- Should have visionary leadership to bring our church into the future with new programs and like a shepherd, bring in the lost.
- A caring man with a loving heart toward people who is a good teacher and is able to counsel.
- The youth is the future of any church and he must have a burden for them.
- Discipleship, evangelism and visitation are other areas that should be important to him.
This is only a profile as we review all resumes submitted. We thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.
First Baptist Church of Louisville, Ohio