Calvary Evangelical Free Church
About the position:
This is a new position based on growth in the congregation and a desire for the church to more effectively engage with the community. Looking forward, Calvary is preparing to add a second worship service with the long-term vision of planting a sister Church in the area. Calvary is a congregation of about 180 in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Indiana is a university town 60 miles NE of Pittsburgh and with surrounding White Township the population is over 28,000.
The Family Life Pastor will assist the Senior Pastor in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ and encourage the local church body to actively share the gospel in the community. This Pastor will provide pastoral care to the church and community. He will give administrative leadership that helps guide the spiritual development of the congregation.
- Meet with attendees(including visitors) for the purpose of better integrating them into the Body of Christ at Calvary
- Actively participate in and help coordinate adult outreach activities
- Assist with hospital/home visitation as needed
- Preach on Sunday as needed
- Oversee other ministries as skill-appropriate
Small Group Ministries
- Help discover, develop and provide resources for small group leaders
- Implement small groups after recognizing the dynamics at Calvary
- Ensure that small groups are well rounded and balanced in ministry, instruction, service, evangelism and relationships.
Children & Youth Ministries
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry Coordinator & Youth Leader by observing and advising to help ministry effectiveness
- Work with leaders to reach out to unchurched family members of children and youth
- Help design & facilitate outreach events for families in the community
It is preferred that the Family Life Pastor be a seminary graduate or at least working toward a degree. It is expected that He will have experience leading and teaching groups. The candidate should also be comfortable relating to unsaved people without using church jargon. This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $40k plus benefits.
If interested, please send your resume to Gino Cosentino at firstname.lastname@example.org