Posts Tagged ‘ministry’
First Baptist Church of Canton, Ohio is currently seeking a talented person to fill the role of Associate Pastor. Duties include worship/music leader and youth minister.
Do you have a calling to serve Christ and the local church? Are you a gifted musician and leader with a desire to develop and disciple others? Are you passionate about leading people in worship both musically and spiritually? You may just be who we are looking for!
- passionate about Jesus and his mission
- talented with strong musical experience
- leading a praise band with vocal & keyboard experience
- self-motivated and able to motivate others
- experienced in building and leading a team
- organized & efficient especially with time management
- a team player with a positive attitude, high energy & strong interpersonal skills
- someone who has a strong desire to develop, disciple & pastor other volunteer musicians
- computer & internet experience needed for worship software
- applicants are subject to an initial background check & subsequent checks every 5 years
- oversee Sunday 11am worship team & be comfortable leading prayer
- prepare for services with the senior pastor
- organize & oversee weekly rehearsal
- select weekly music & media art that enhances the total worship experience
- recruit & develop the spiritual lives of musicians
- be in contact with the scheduled praise time leader in advance & coordinate play lists
- provide lyrics for the tech team to make the slides for Sunday services
- plan, organize, rehearse & help oversee special music (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- keep up to date on new music & contemporary artists
- contribute to the future vision of the Church
Interested candidates can contact:
Search Committee Chairman
Church Website: http://www.firstbaptist-canton.org/
Shelterwood is a Christian therapeutic boarding school for at-risk teenagers located in Independence, Missouri. We hire undergraduate degree and graduate degree men and women to live and work for a year with our teenagers. Here is specifics about our program:
We hire single men & women who have a passion for Christ and a passion to help at-risk teenagers in our Shelterwood program. It’s a challenging, frustrating, tiring and also a life-changing year of service for the Kingdom. The position pays $1,000 a month stipend plus free room and board, insurance benefits, and excellent training. Experience working or volunteering with teenagers is very helpful.
Take a tour of the campus: http://shelterwood.org/campus-tour
Our next openings for male and female staff are for December 27 start date. After that our next openings will be for May and August, 2014 start dates. Apply online to join our team on this exciting adventure of helping restore families! Apply at http://shelterwood.org/discipleship-program/paid-positions-available.
Here is what some parents have said regarding the important role the men and women who serve as big brothers and sisters play in their youth’s lives: http://youtu.be/9pVcGsV6zC8.
For more information please contact:
Maplewood Christian Church of Ravenna, Ohio is searching for an individual for the position of Pastor. The pastor is responsible for
- Sunday morning services
- Wednesday night Bible Studies
- Pastoral and hospital invitation
- Personal ministry to the congregation
- Occasional counseling
- General oversight of the ministries of the church.
The candidate should have a desire to reach the lost as well as minister to those within the church. The pastor is responsible to the board of elders which is elected annually by the congregation.
Additional information about the church can be found on the church’s webpage at http://maplewoodcc.org/.
Maplewood Doctrinal Statement: http://maplewoodcc.org/doctrines.html
Resumes may be forwarded to the address below for consideration. If available an audio copy of a recent sermon would be helpful as well. All inquiries should be directed to John Pascoe, pulpit committee chair at the email or phone number listed.
For more information or to apply:Email: Jpascoe251@yahoo.com Phone: 330 298-3979
Mail Resume to:John Pascoe 251Madison St. Ravenna OH 44266
Blue River Church of the Brethren, Columbia City, Indiana, is searching for a part-time youth pastor.
Blue River is one of the more conservative congregations in the Northern Indiana District, and we try to maintain faithful adherence to the historic teachings of the Brethren, including trine immersion baptism for all members, the full Love Feast, the prayer veiling for services, modest dress, and lifetime faithfulness in marriage. Our basic statement of faith is the Brethren Card. http://www.blueriverchurch.org/?page_id=2
We are seeking someone who will uphold and model these understandings to our youth.
Our youth are energetic, and some have experienced short-term missions trips over the past several years. They are seeking to honor the Lord, and are in need of discipleship, instruction in God’s Word, and worthwhile Christian activity. We are not interested in “baby-sitting” our youth, but in challenging them to live for the Lord now.
We have an active Youth Steering Committee, and supportive parents. The right man will find our youth a joyful challenge.
If you are interested in this position, please request a copy of our profile from the
Northern Indiana District Office
162 E. Market Street Nappanee, IN 46550
-Plans worship services
-Helps with Awana
-Visitation (sick & shut-ins)
-Officiates funerals & weddings
Church website: http://aingerbible.org/sunday_school
NORTHWEST CHAPEL is a Grace Brethren Church. Our core values include
- a high commitment to the Bible as God’s inspired and inerrant Word;
- proclaiming His gospel to all people;
- helping believers grow to maturity in Christ.
- Plan and drive the process of the weekly worship services in conjunction with the teaching Pastor and other leaders.
- Lead worship during services and mentor/oversee other worship leaders.
- Oversee the development, coordination, and scheduling of all worship service participants.
- Oversee all Praise & Worship ministry initiatives for other events.
- Oversee development of lighting, video, audio and other volunteer teams.
- Oversee choir, band(s), and children’s choir ministries.
- Coordinate and facilitate other service elements & programmed events like baptism, parent dedication, communion, business meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Elders.
- Spiritual maturity and good working knowledge of Scripture.
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres
- Ability to play guitar and/or piano
- Strong vocal skills
- One who has been discipled and is discipling others.
- Communication presentation skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Relational skills (training, recruiting, developing lay volunteers, etc).
- Flexible to adapt to our “blended style of worship.” We want someone to creatively move us forward- but he/she should not be frustrated with our current “worship language.”
Northwest Chapel is located in Dublin, Ohio. The population was 41,751 at the 2010 census. Dublin is a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. Our church family has students in Dublin, Hilliard, Plain City and Columbus City Schools.
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED! PTL!
The Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will provide vision, direction and oversight of all materials, budget and programs associated with this facet of the church. He will accomplish the goals and vision of the church by establishing and facilitating the development of sound biblically based relationships (Junior HS through Adult Singles). His goal will be to carry out the mandate of Matthew 28:19-20 that of making disciples to make disciples. The person will function as a part of a team of staff pastors. He may be called upon to fill in any capacity of shepherding the congregation of MGBC as needed.
For more information, including a full job description, please call:
FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH
57 Providence Street
Everett, PA 15537
Rev. Robert Robertson, pastor
Terrace Parke General Baptist Church, an urban fellowship located in Evansville, Indiana, is seeking to hire a Pastor. This position would begin on a bi-vocational basis, with our goal being to have the ability to fund it full time within two years. A parsonage is provided at no cost.