Associate Pastor – Harmony, PA
The Associate Pastor will focus on building mature and fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ among the members and attendees of Grace Church of Harmony and will provide leadership to develop the members as mature disciples applying biblical truths in their life and the lives of others.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The Associate Pastor will provide leadership, vision, training, direction and oversight, along with the additional items listed below:
- Christian Education: Oversee the Christian Education requirements for all age groups for all the Sunday school classes. Will be required to maintain and recruit, as needed the required teachers for all Sunday school classes.
- Provide discipleship/strategize on how to best produce mature disciples of Jesus in the Congregation.
- Fellowship: Assist or direct and promote, as required to provide events to maintain and promote fellowship of the adult members and attendees of Grace Church. Observe what the needs are of Grace Church and willing to lead and teach as required.
- Small Groups: Organize small group Bible studies, with designated leaders and provide guidance for study material and provide consistent direction of the small groups.
- Connecting and communicating with new members and identifying their spiritual gifts and inspiring them to use their gifts as members for the ministry of Grace Church Of Harmony.
- Evaluate all the ministries at Grace Church to determine their current effectiveness and determine if they should be continued, expanded or modified to be of the most value possible.
- Preach on Sunday morning and at special services as needed. (Current services are 8:00 am and 10:45 am, Lenten Luncheons.)
- Provide or assist the Senior Pastor in Communion services.
- Teach the adult Sunday school classes as required.
- Current Ministries at Grace Church Of Harmony that require oversight/involvement:
A. Men’s Ministry
B. Women’s Ministry
D. Stephen Ministry
E. Mosaic Ministry (adoption and safe homes)
The Associate Pastor will be in agreement with the vision, philosophy of the ministry, the doctrine and the statement of faith of Grace Church of Harmony.
- Achieved a degree in Theology and be ordained or willing to be ordained as a Pastor at Grace Church of Harmony.
- Demonstrate performable experience of about five years in leadership and shepherding the members and attendees of a Bible studying Church.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact the Search Committee:
538 Main Street