Ministry Fellow to Ivy League Univ.
Christian Union seeks a qualified individual to serve as a Ministry Fellow to Ivy League University students. Ministry Fellows are responsible for ministering to Christian and non-Christian students, overseeing programs and social events, teaching Christian students the Scriptures, and sharing the Gospel with non-believers. Our website: http://www.christianunion.org/
- Recruit and teach students the Scriptures in 12-week intensive small-group Bible Courses and in one-on-one settings
- Recruit and coach teams of students to organize outreach, social and other events
- Organize, implement and oversee additional important discipleship and outreach programs including conferences, evangelistic events, speaker series, and others as needed
- Share the gospel with students individually, as well as in small and large group settings
- Offer hospitality and friendship to students through meals, parties and other social gatherings
- With other Christian Union Fellows at the end of each year, evaluate the effectiveness of ministry programs in order to suggest and implement modifications
Assume other responsibilities as needed for the sake of the ministry on campus, or for the sake of the overall Christian Union ministry
- Strong devotion to Jesus Christ, holiness, and a passion to make Him known
- Knowledge of the basics of the faith, as well as the heart and capacity to study and teach complex theological issues
- In agreement with our Statement of Faith and Ethics
- Adaptable to the culture of an Ivy League school
- Passion for students to know and follow Jesus Christ, and ability to form friendships with students quickly and easily
- Excellent communication ability
- Capable of delegating responsibility to students and coaching them to performance standards
- Quick learning ability to absorb the best practices of the ministry
- Strong teaming skills in order to work well with other Teaching and Ministry Fellows
- Five years minimum professional experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, and to work independently to complete tasks
- Theological training helpful but not required
Christian Union has both Teaching Fellow and Ministry Fellow positions. The requirements and responsibilities of these two different positions overlap in many ways, except for the expectation of stronger theological training and teaching ability for Teaching Fellows and stronger professional and organizational skills for Ministry Fellows. Christian Union is currently seeking a Women’s Ministry Fellow to join its team ministering to undergraduate students at Harvard University by the summer of 2014.
Compensation is based on a number of factors and ranges from $45,000 – $90,000. This is a full-time paid position, so no individual support-raising required. You will, however, be asked to participate in general fund-raising activities.
Interested applicants should send a résumé and cover letter to Opportunities@ChristianUnion.org.