Senior Paster Needed – FT – Meadville, PA
Calvary Baptist Church is looking for a senior pastor who will be a well-educated man with an ability to preach accurately and passionately from God’s Word as this has been a long standing mark of this church and reconfirmed by a poll of our current congregation. As spelled out in Scripture, we are also looking for a family man who leads his household well. He must be able to lead lay pastors, be self-motivated, and have the energy to do the work of the ministry without a paid pastoral staff at the time of his hiring. He must also have a heart for foreign missions as well as local outreach/evangelistic ministries.
Principle Function: The Senior Pastor is both chief under-shepherd and leader of the church family. He shall have in his care the spiritual and moral welfare of the church. He will shepherd the church by living as a godly example of Christ likeness (living himself purposefully unto God); by feeding them through the expository preaching of Scripture; by encouraging them through regular biblical exhortation; by unleashing them to serve through equipping them to do ministry; and by protecting the church from false teachers and false doctrine. He shall have the general oversight of every church ministry either directly or indirectly through delegation.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Exhibits the character qualities outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter 5:1-4 Acts 6:4, and Acts 20:28
- He has adequate theological training and experience in full-time pastoral ministry in a local church
- He demonstrates the ability:
- To effectively communicate God’s truth through preaching and teaching
- To disciple, evangelize, and counsel people of all ages
- To accurately interpret the Scriptures
- To lead and oversee a pastoral staff in a local church ministry
- To work with believers of all ages, diverse educational backgrounds, and levels of Biblical literacy to accomplish personal, group, and organizational goals
- To develop and work with a leadership team to accomplish the church goals
BEFORE applying please view the full job post at: http://www.cbcmeadville.org/candidates/#sthash.XLMgIhaL.dpuf Password: titus1
Church website: http://www.cbcmeadville.org/
Please provide your resume’ and responses to the questions below to:
Tim Cox, Search Committee Chairperson
email@example.com or 814-720-8309
- Describe your faith in Jesus Christ. Tell us how you came to know the Lord, something about your journey with Him, your current walk and how your relationship with Him has affected your life and ministry.
- At this point in your ministry, why are you interested in leading as Senior Pastor at Calvary Baptist Church? What is it about the role or opportunity that motivates you to apply?
- Describe three efforts you have led in a church context that required shaping a direction, culture and team of contributors to accomplish important results. Please describe the circumstances and your specific role in them.
- Describe your philosophy of ministry and leadership within the large church environment, including addressing your personal style of leadership and preferred organizational structure.
Please share five or six references including a few supervisors, ministry peers and direct reports (paid or volunteer). No references will be contacted without your specific permission and only after mutual interest develops with Calvary Baptist Church.