Pastoral Ministry Opportunity – Hobart, IN – FT
Cornerstone Community Church, Hobart, Indiana, [http://thisiscornerstone.org/]
POSITION OPENING: Cornerstone Community Church (an Evangelical Free Church) is seeking a full-time Sr. Pastor/Solo Pastor.
DESCRIPTION: The Sr. (Solo) Pastor will provide spiritual leadership to Cornerstone Community Church (CCC) through equipping the congregation, gospel-centered preaching/teaching, Christ-centered pastoral care/biblical counseling, and biblical visionary leadership.
A. Salvation: A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
B. Character: Consistent Christlike character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical leadership qualifications of an elder described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
C. Doctrine: Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of CCC.
D. Preaching/Teaching: Skilled in gospel-centered expository preaching that relates truth to life.
E. Shepherding/Leadership: Competent in organization, administration, biblical counseling, and interpersonal relationships.
F. Ministry Experience: Past pastoral experience preferred.
G. Educational Experience: M.Div. preferred.
H. Ordination: Ordained in or able to be ordained in the Evangelical Free Church.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Sr. (Solo) Pastor will have primary responsibility for the teaching and sustaining of biblical doctrines of our church, equipping God’s people for ministry, and providing visionary spiritual leadership.
A. Pastoral Duties
1) Preach and teach the Word of God regularly.
2) Have overall responsibility for the public worship services.
3) Administer the ordinances.
4) Provide general pastoral care, nurture, and biblical counsel.
B. Leadership Duties
1) Provide overall vision and leadership to CCC.
2) Work with the Elder Ministry Team to organize and develop the ministry of CCC.
3) Provide overall leadership for the Ministry Teams.
4) Oversee the development and implementation of ministry objectives.
5) Oversee the church-wide equipping of leaders.
C. Management Duties
1) Supervise church staff.
2) With the elders, administrate the church budget.
D. Kingdom Duties
1) Represent the church to the community.
2) Provide ministry to the broader body of Christ.
1. The Sr. (Sola) Pastor is accountable to the Elder Ministry Team.
2. This position description will be reviewed annually by the Elder Ministry Team.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND TO APPLY:
Find the complete Candidate Packet here: http://thisiscornerstone.org/
Contact person: Jon Becker, Elder Chair, email@example.com