Director of Children’s Ministry – PT – Nappanee, IN
The Nappanee United Methodist Church is searching for a mature Christian who is able to work well with children, as part of a team, and have excellent communication and delegation skills. As well, she or he must be knowledgeable about curriculum and be able to recruit and train volunteers. The candidate must also be able to pass a background check and adhere to child protection guidelines.
Job Description (Duties and Responsibilities):
The purpose of our Children’s Ministry Program at the Nappanee United Methodist Church is to help our children know the love of God in Jesus Christ, have a personal relationship with him, and to establish a Biblical foundation for life-long growth in the Christian faith.
While the most significant way we accomplish this is through embodying it individually, we as a congregation strive currently to accomplish this through: Sunday School, Kids Own Worship & Wednesday evening programs.
With this purpose in mind, we are searching for a part time Director of Christian Ministry. Highlights of these responsibilities include:
- develop/implement the vision, strategy/tactical elements for all programs, activities & educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry
- plan, coordinate, implement, evaluate the Children’s ministry & Sunday School (Nursery-5th grade), Wednesday evening programming, VBS, over-seeing the Nursery, Playtime & Kids Own Worship
- choose & prepare appropriate curriculum for each program/age level, keeping materials organized & accessible
- provide strategic leadership & planning initiatives for the Children’s Ministry Team (CMT)
- Set the direction, recruit, train, pray for, involve, schedule CMT staff & volunteers
- Develop processes & position guidelines necessary for effective CMT ministry; including assimilating new children & families into children’s ministry
Desired Qualifications: A candidate who is familiar with United Methodist theology and practices is preferred but not essential.
Salary: Salary is negotiable. This is a part time position averaging 15 hours per week.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2013
Contact Information: Please send cover letter and resume by email or mail to:
Pastor Jim Davidson
Nappanee United Methodist Church
301 E. Market Street
Nappanee, IN 46550
Church Website: http://www.nappaneeumc.com/
Tags: children ministries