World Gospel Church – Terre Haute, IN – Full Time Family Life Director
900 Gardendale Road, Terre Haute, IN 47803 (812) 877-2075 email@example.com www.worldgospelchurch.org
Summary: The Family Life Director shall provide full-time leadership and direction for the growth and spiritual nurture of the families of World Gospel Church.
- Spirituality: to aspire to the spirit of godliness in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and other passages like them.
- Education: a seminary degree is desired.
- Theology: evangelical, as defined by the National Association of Evangelicals, and in agreement with the Articles of Faith of World Gospel Church.
- Experience: a minimum of three years in active Christian ministry with some focus on children and family ministry.
Responsibilities: In general the responsibilities of the Director shall be to equip the saints to do the work of the ministry and to advance the task of the evangelization of our city, nation and world as described in Ephesians 4:11-13. The specific responsibilities of the Family Life Director center on two key areas of…
1. Children’s Ministries
- (a) To develop, coordinate and oversee the church’s ministries to infants through fifth grade.
- (b) To recruit, train and motivate volunteers in the above mentioned ministries.
- (c) To establish goals and select curricula in these ministries in cooperation with the Education Committee and the volunteers.
- (d) To maintain appropriate records.
- (e) To strive for a collegial working relationship with all staff members and volunteers of World Gospel Church in the spirit of unity expressed in Philippians 2:2.
2. Family Ministries
- (a) To develop and communicate a consistent vision for the spiritual development and welfare of our families.
- (b) To recruit, equip and motivate volunteers to assist in ministry to families.
- (c) To establish goals and plans for growing families in cooperation with the Evangelism Committee and volunteers.
- (d) To improve a system for tracking visitors and encouraging them to become a vital part of the church.
- (e) To lead a small group
- (f) To perform other ministry tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- The Family Life Director shall be accountable to the Senior Pastor or, in his absence, to the Board of Elders.
- The Family Life Director shall meet with the Board of Elders, the Education Committee and the Evangelism Committee.