SUMMER INTERNSHIP – Children’s Ministry – Powell, OH
Grace Church, Powell,OHis offering a Summer Internship for the college person wanting to gain experience in Children’s Ministries. Our internship is focused on empowering an intern to:
- Use and develop leadership skills while working with a team
- Teach children through engaging creative lessons
- Equipping parents to be the spiritual leader in the home
- Empowering and organizing 15+ home based Neighborhood Bible Clubs that will reach over 850 children
- Serve along side a church staff of 8 pastors and 6 support staff
Our internship is not designed to just be a learning experience, but rather an opportunity to lead and do ministry utilizing spiritual gifts and classroom training one has already acquired.
Church with attendance around 900+ during 2 Sunday morning services includes approximately 200 children each week.
Applicant should be pursuing Children’s Ministry degree (or possibly early childhood education) and have a passion for helping children learn about Jesus and the church! The applicant should be over the age of 21 and have their own transportation. We would also prefer someone who has had hands-on leadership experience in the area of Children’s Ministry.
Salary is $3000.00 for work/ministry done over 12 weeks of summer,
mid-May to mid-August 2013, @ 40 hours/week. A host home is one option for housing during the internship.
Summer Intern Responsibilities
- Tuesday-Friday 9:30 – 4:30, Sunday morning 8:30 – 11:30, and help with several Neighborhood Bible Clubs four evenings per week
- Tuesday morning – 9:00 Staff and prayer time; clean-up from Sunday, regroup
Neighborhood Bible Clubs
- Maintain all the NBC machines, supplies, and list of clubs using them – help people get them each day
- Recycle craft bags for next NBC’s
- Keep all game and decoration bags refreshed and ready for next NBC’s
- Turn in t-shirt money, donations – keep a record
- Make sure lesson posters and visuals are in good shape for next NBC’s
- Visit and support all NBC clubs
K-3rd Grade Summer Sunday Mornings (mid May – mid August)
- Prepare weekly lesson for Kindergarten – 3rd Grade teachers
- Gather materials for K-3rd Grade small group bins and large group props
- Send out Tuesday lesson and devotion to leaders
- Make sure rooms are ready for Sunday
- Lead, assist, possibly Sub, oversee K-3rd Grade Sunday teams
FCA Sports Camp
- (1 week during July) – help prepare and serve; huddle leader
Additional Summer projects
- Re-organize Grace Kids Office and class rooms
- Have fun and enjoy the people and the job!
- Pray for a peaceful and productive summer; pray for plans and preparedness for fall.
Applicant should send resume and video teaching sample to firstname.lastname@example.orgDustin Godshall Grace Kids Family Ministries 7600 Liberty Rd. Powell,OH43065 (740)881-6200 www.gracechurchpowell.org