Senior Pastor – Hope Evangelical Free Church, Roscoe IL
We are Hope Evangelical Free Church in Roscoe, IL. We are about 90 minutes NW of Chicago, 15 miles north of Rockford, IL and just five miles south of the Illinois-Wisconsin border. Our Senior Pastor of 15 years will be retiring in June, 2013 and we are currently in a search for his replacement and are casting the net out to procure potential resumes. We are theologically conservative and complimentarian. We have a multi-staff including four pastors, two part-time ministry directors and two office administration staff. Currently we have been getting in the mid 600’s for our Sunday attendance which includes nursery, preschool, elementary and teen Sunday Schools. Our worship services alone (we have two each Sunday) run about 500. Our website is www.hefc.net.
We are looking for someone with an MDIV who has experience either as a Senior Pastor or in as an associate in a multi-staff church. The desired qualifications for the job are listed below. If these things seem to be a potential match for you we would welcome you to submit your resume. They can be sent to Pastor Brad at email@example.com.
The following is a brief profile that outlines what we are seeking as preferred candidates:
- Godly character as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- A man who values prayer and has an active devotional life.
- Excellent communication skills both from the pulpit and interpersonally.
- Preaching style that is primarily expository, but uses other styles as well.
- Preaching abilities that allow him to be able to relate Scripture to the lives of those in the congregation and the ability to relate to people of varying ages on a personal level.
- A passion for further developing the current focus on evangelism and discipleship.
- Gifts in the areas of leadership and leadership development.
- Abilities/willingness to do some pastoral counseling.
- Experience as a Sr. Pastor with both multiple staff and ministry oversight areas in a church of at least 250-300 regular worship attendance.
- We will also consider candidates with associate staff experience of at least 10 years with various levels of leadership and ministry responsibility. This person must be recommended by his current Sr. Pastor as being someone who is ready to lead a strong, multiple staff church.
- Abilities and desire to work cooperatively with the staff team and the elder board.
- Master of Divinity degree.
- Ordination in the EFCA (if not currently ordained willingness to pursue within a reasonable time).
- Fully supports EFCA statement of faith.