Internship – Tabernacle Bible Church, Honesdale PA
General Information and Instruction
The Tabernacle is looking for an intern who will show a passion and love for Jesus Christ; possess, by God’s grace, a character of integrity; have the desire and potential to be an evangelical leader; and affirm TBC’s Church Covenant and agree with the principles of our church constitution. Interns must obtain associate membership during their commitment.
Interns work hands-on with the ministries at Tabernacle Bible Church. This ministry focus ranges from children to adult and from discipleship to mentorship. Through personal training, observation and involvement, interns will have a chance to grow in their gifts. Here are some specific areas:
1. Development of spiritual maturity/accountability;
2. Development of leadership skills in the specific areas of student ministry, outreach, administration, and preaching;
3. Practical experience within the ministry (teaching, visiting, leading programs, meetings, administration, outreach and discipleship);
4. Mentoring by the Pastor through weekly meetings and assignments;
5. Development of people skills through team ministry coordination and meetings;
6. Develop habits of prayer, Bible study, and theological reading.
This internship at the Tabernacle is designed to last for up to one year. It is a training program designed to give men opportunity to discover and use their spiritual gifts; to develop spiritually and theologically; to work in an atmosphere of personal and professional guidance and support and to gain practical ministry training. An intern will be able to explore ministry in a variety of settings, including one on one ministry, small groups, large groups and other ministry activities as detailed above.
Any intern is under the authority of the Board of Elders, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor. He is expected to attend all meetings of the Elders, Deacons and Board of Directors. Strict confidentiality is expected.