Senior Pastor – Collierville Bible Church, Collierville TN
The Senior Pastor of CBC will, along with the elders, provide for the spiritual health, growth, and well-being of the CBC congregation and lead it in fulfilling its mission as a part of the Body of Christ—to teach, equip, and mature disciples of Jesus Christ to impact the world for God’s kingdom.
The position requires great flexibility and working hours, including evenings and weekends. The pastor will be expected to be available in the church office to prepare for worship services, attend to the needs of the congregation, and communicate with staff members. He will be one of the governing elders. He must also tend to the needs of his family and spend adequate “down time” for relaxation and personal growth. Although all responsibilities are, of course, subject to review and adjustment as needs require, the primary responsibilities of the Senior Pastor include:
- Plan and lead worship services. 40-45 sermons per year
- Preach/exposit God’s word from the pulpit
- Coordinate and direct Music Team Leader to develop and maintain worship music
- Plan and officiate at baptisms, weddings, and funerals
- Provide pastoral care, to include counseling, to the CBC members
- Direct, encourage, and mentor ministry staff
- Plan, coordinate, and direct outreach
- Assist in management and administration of CBC day-to-day business
- Conduct regular staff meetings to foster teamwork, facilitate communication, and optimize ministry support activities
- Engage in missions work, both local and abroad
The elders, staff, and members of CBC are eager, energetic, and competent to partner with their shepherd to further CBC’s commitment to help build our Lord’s kingdom. The incoming Senior Pastor will be afforded as much transition time as he needs to assure a “good fit” into this position.