Youth Pastor – First Baptist Church, Peru IN
MINISTER OF YOUTH
“Our fervent prayers and highest hopes are that God would send someone to us who is wholeheartedly following Him, who loves our youth as much as we do and whose highest goal is for our youth and children to find and follow Jesus.”
- A definite and growing relationship with Jesus as His disciple
- An eagerness to grow and be mentored by other pastoral staff and leaders
- A commitment to the Bible as the supreme authority for all we believe and do
- A BA with a ministry focus, preferably in youth ministry and/or experience with Youth and children’s ministry
- A clear calling and passion to minister to youth
- A ministry goal of helping youth find and follow Jesus
- A relational approach to youth ministry
- An openness to use and nurture our strong adult youth leadership
- A willingness to invite and prepare youth to participate in the fuller ministry of the congregation
YOUTH MINISTRY Approximately 30 hours per week
- Organize, plan and personally lead the programming for the youth, grades 6-12
- Interact with youth, both on and off campus
- Recruit and train leaders to serve in areas of youth ministry leadership
- Intentionally prepare our youth to serve as future leaders in the church and, perhaps, even vocational ministry
- Develop opportunities for the youth to engage in ministry and mission
- Develop other special events for the youth aimed at building both faith and relationships
- Encourage youth to participate in summer camp
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY Approximately 10 hours per week
- Oversee the development and direction of the children’s ministry program.
Some of these responsibilities may include:
- Developing a chronological vision for our children’s spiritual formation
- Guide the selection and/or development of curriculum
- Recruit and train leaders in the children’s ministry
- Oversee the programming of Kids for Christ and Children’s Church
- Plan special events, including VBS
To Potential Applicants from Grace College:
Your institution, due to its academic standards and Christian values, has been recommended to us as a site to seek a potential candidate to fill a ministerial staff position at our church. We are excited to post the following opening for the position of YOUTH PASTOR at the First Baptist Church of Peru, Indiana.
We invite you to read and to pray about the following information. If you would like to pursue the Lord’s leading in this matter, we would be interested in furthering dialogue with you. To indicate your interest and to initiate dialogue with us, we invite you to do the following:
- Please read the accompanying “Qualifications, Values and Responsibilities” sheet.
- Please take a few minutes to fill out the questionnaire.
- Please send the completed questionnaire and a copy of your resume to:
c/o First Baptist Church
53 E. Main St.
Peru, IN 46970
Send via e-mail to email@example.com
We will contact you when we receive your resume and questionnaire. We will begin processing applications on April 20, 2012, but will receive applications until the position is filled.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter. May God lead you in this exciting phase of your life.
The Search Committee of the First Baptist Church of Peru, Indiana