Senior Pastor – Evangelical Free Church of Montrose, Montrose PA
The Evangelical Free Church of Montrose (www.MontroseEFree.org) is searching for a Senior Pastor. Montrose is located approximately one hour northwest of Scranton, PA and one-half hour south of Binghamton, NY. The position is open for immediate calling.
The Senior Pastor must be a mature man of God, sound in faith and doctrine, with the qualities contained in 1Timothy 3: 1-13; 4: 12-15; and Titus 1: 5-9. He will provide Christ-centered spiritual leadership and vision for a contemporary, growing and evangelical congregation of approximately 175 focusing on the Church’s mission as contained in Matthew 28: 19-20. Applicants must be gifted in preaching, shepherding, creative and energetic with excellent organization and communication skills. He should be a man of prayer with a heart for discipling. He should be able to lead a multi-staffed church with emphasis on missions, evangelism/community outreach, discipling and youth. He should be contemporary, maintaining a timeless message in the context of a changing cultural environment. He must be willing to subscribe to the Constitution and By-Laws of the Evangelical Free Church of Montrose. Salary and benefits are based on experience and education.
Please send a cover letter and detailed resume to Pastoral Search Team, Evangelical Free Church of Montrose, PO Box 326, Montrose, PA 18801 or email to resumes@MontroseEFree.org.
The Senior Pastor will be responsible for:
- Prayer: The ministry of prayer is the Senior Pastor’s highest priority. God’s power is released through prayer and therefore foundational for the church and all its ministries. He shall lead by word and example for the leaders of the church and the congregation.
- Preaching: The Senior Pastor is responsible for the accurate, Scripturally founded preaching of God’s Word in a manner in which it can be easily understood, with relevant and current application, leading to action by the listeners whose lives have been transformed by the Holy Spirit.
- Vision: Based on the Church’s mission contained in the Great Commission, the Senior Pastor will actively engage the Elders and ministry team leaders in creatively translating the mission into visionary ministry action. He will be responsible for promoting, maintaining and evaluating ministries based on the vision.
- Leadership: The Senior Pastor will be responsible for leading the pastoral and support staff as well as the ministry team leaders in a manner in which the mission and vision of the church is achieved. He is responsible for the organization, supervision and evaluation of all pastoral and support staff.
- Shepherding: The Senior Pastor is responsible for shepherding his flock. He needs to be aware of the condition of his flock, targeting the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of the flock with effective ministries.
- Discipling: The Senior Pastor will mentor the pastoral staff and lay leaders, training them to assist in the process of growing future mature Christian leaders to sustain and expand ministries and bring others to a saving knowledge of Christ.