Senior Pastor – Liberty Evangelical Free Church, Williston ND
Liberty Evangelical Free Church
The purpose of this position is to provide spiritual vision and leadership to the Liberty church family and community. The focus of his ministry shall be in the spirit of Ephesians 4:11-16. These goals will be achieved by modeling God’s truth and through Biblical preaching and teaching. (2nd Timothy 2:2; 4:1-5)
Spiritual and Character Qualifications
- Our pastor shall meet the spiritual qualifications listed in 1st Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1st Peter 5:2-3. He shall provide a model of Christlikeness (1st Timothy 4:12; Titus 2:7-8; 1st Corinthians 11:1).
- He shall have a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. He shall be a man of prayer with a shepherd’s heart.
- He shall demonstrate initiative, but also, the willingness to take directions and being held accountable to the other members of the Spiritual Leadership Team.
- The person must maintain a strong commitment of loyalty to Liberty and to its ministry and operational staff.
- The ability to maintain confidences is absolutely essential.
- He shall agree, without reservation, with the LEFC Constitution, Bylaws and Philosophy of Ministry.
Training and Experience
- He shall have successfully completed and graduated from an accredited seminary.
- He shall have at least 5 years of senior pastor experience.
- He shall be ordained by the Evangelical Free Church of America or other evangelical denomination.
- Candidates who are willing to make a long-term commitment to LEFC shall be given preference.
The person must have strong people skills: approachable, sensitive, and available. He shall be skilled in various aspects of communication. He is expected to represent our Lord Jesus Christ and Liberty Church in a Christ-honoring manner in telephone conversations, with people who stop by the church, and in the community.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with and relate to people of diverse backgrounds and needs. The person will have strong organizational skills and, yet, maintain flexibility for accomplishing God’s work in the spirit of Jesus Christ.
Professional casual is the dress standard when working.
- He shall be responsible for the overall direction of Liberty Evangelical Free Church [LEFC]. With the Spiritual Leadership Team, he shall develop a vision for LEFC.
- He shall be responsible for preparing and presenting Bible-based sermons that are related to living the Christian life.
- He will serve as a member of the Spiritual Leadership Team with primary responsibilities of discipling, leading and assisting our Ministry Team Leaders with the ministry teams they lead.
- His ministry to the Ministry Team Leaders shall include meeting regularly with each one to assist them in planning and in various aspects of discipling their team members.
- He shall fulfill various pastoral responsibilities such as administering communion, baptisms, weddings, funerals, counseling, and visiting the sick.
- He shall be the immediate supervisor of all paid staff; participate in all hiring decisions; provide direction and ongoing supervision of all staff; shall provide ongoing performance feedback to staff with at least one written evaluation annually.
- He shall be an ex-officio member of all boards, committees and teams.
- He is encouraged to attend and participate in district and national conferences of the Evangelical Free Church of America with LEFC providing for the costs and needed time away (not vacation).
- He is urged to participate in Williston area ministerial fellowships and events sponsored by them.
- In cooperation with the Spiritual Leadership Team, he shall develop a work schedule that includes regular office hours, involvement in the life of the church ministries and community involvement and time off.
- Time off will be based on years of pastoral experience. We want our pastor to have healthy relationships with his family and to be healthy physically.
- He is also encouraged to enhance his ministry skills through professional development. He will be granted up to 5 days annually for such enrichment training with LEFC paying the expenses, if approved in advance by the Spiritual Leadership Team.
- As a member of the Spiritual Leadership Team, he will receive other ministry-related assignments.
Interested applicants can send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org