Senior Pastor – Cornerstone Community Church, Fairbury NE
Cornerstone Community Church started in January 2011. It is exciting to see God’s many blessings, both in spiritual growth of those attending, as well as tangible gifts such as financial stability and facilities. He has provided above and beyond and we are excited to continue looking to Him for guidance and direction and praising Him alone for Cornerstone!
As a new church, there many things to be excited about but also challenges that we face as well. Our desire is to equip believers in their walk with Christ so that together, and individually, we will effectively share the gospel of Christ with our community.
We desire for the written Word to be taught to all ages. We have Sunday School for youth and adults on Sunday morning prior to our Worship Service. In addition, an Awana program was started in the Fall of 2011 to reach youth, not only in our church, but also those in the community as well.
We anticipate that as God leads we will acquire a permanent facility, either building a church building or obtaining a building to convert to a church. Currently, we have been blessed by the ability to lease a large suite at a local mall. Our suite has a worship area (seat 80+), two Sunday School rooms and a pastor’s office. In addition, the owner of the mall allows us to use an additional space for Sunday School and a large “gym” area for our Awana program.
Mission/Statement of Belief:
Mission: To know Christ and make Him known to all.
Statement of Beliefs:
1. There is one God, the Creator and Preserver of all things. He exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. The sixty-six canonical books of the Bible as originally written comprise God’s inerrant Word. They are the sole authority for what we are to believe and how we are to live.
3. Mankind, created in the image of God, fell into sin in Adam and is now sinful both by nature and by choice, the outcome of which is eternal death. From this condition we can be saved only by the grace of God, through faith, on the basis of the work of the Son, and the agency of the Holy Spirit.
4. The eternal Son became incarnate by being born of the virgin Mary; He is both true God and true man. He lived a sinless life and died on the cross as our substitute, shedding His blood for the remission of our sins. He rose bodily from the dead and will return again bodily to complete His saving work and to consummate the plan of God.
5. As believers who have turned to God by faith in Jesus Christ, we are accountable to God for living a life separated from sin and characterized by the fruit of the Spirit. It is our responsibility to contribute by word and deed to the mission of the church.
6. The church is a living organism comprised of all believers in Jesus Christ. We are to engage in the building up of the Body of Christ through the ministry of the Word, the celebration of the Lord’s Supper, and the practice of believers’ Baptism by immersion, resulting in a visible testimony to the surrounding community.
7. At the time of God’s choosing, the bodies of all persons will experience resurrection: believers to a state of eternal joy in the presence of God, and unbelievers to eternal punishment.
You may visit our website at www.FairburyCornerstone.com or our Facebook organization page at FairburyCornerstone.
Position Title: Senior Pastor
Our church has been served by guest preachers and interim pastors. As a new church, we have not yet had a “permanent” pastor.
Major Responsibilities of the pastor:
Our desire as a church is to grow in Christ by knowing and “doing” the Word. Most importantly, the pastor should have a life and testimony which reveals a growing walk with Christ as an individual. At Cornerstone, the pastor-teacher should have a passion for sharing and teaching the written Word in an effective manner. As a smaller community, establishing relationships
with people who attend the church and with those in the community will be important to help mature and equip believers.
We feel that it is vital that our pastor is gifted in preaching/teaching in an effective manner.
Relationship building skills and the ability to disciple people individually is also important at Cornerstone as we grow.
As a new church, it is important for the pastor-teacher to encourage and to come alongside those in the church. We do not anticipate a pastor to need to “do it all.” At Cornerstone, we believe in the importance of each believer using their God-given gift to minister to the body, and will continue serving God in ministry alongside the pastor. At the same time, we fully respect the position of leadership that is bestowed upon the pastor-teacher.
Description: We anticipate the entire financial compensation package to be $48,000/year. The division of this total amount, specifically regarding the housing allowance, is flexible. The cost-of-living in Fairbury, specifically in housing, is much less than most areas of the nation.