Area Director – Man in the Mirror Ministries
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The vision of Man in the Mirror is to help every church disciple every man. This position is part of a national movement to equip 30,000 churches to collectively disciple 10,000,000 new men by 2020. Specifically, each Area Director is responsible for implementing The Journey to Biblical Manhood with 100 churches in their community within the first three years by forging meaningful relationships with area leaders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This position requires a uniquely gifted and dynamic individual – one who has character, confidence, charisma and high energy. Interested candidates may submit a Preliminary Appraisal.
- Assess the market: Conduct a thorough study of the local church community and its various ministries in your area. Identify the churches that are ready to engage immediately with our ministry and others worth pursuing right away for near-term engagement. Begin to serve additional church leaders in the community to build meaningful relationships with the intention of engaging them as partners over time.
- Build an advisory team: Identify and select key community influencers and role models who have a passion for discipling men and are committed to our vision and willing to serve on the Advisory Council for the Area Director.
- Connect with key leaders in churches: Identify and recruit leaders within individual churches whom you can enable and support in discipling men in their church/community.
- Recruit churches: Proactively connect with and engage church leaders and pastors regarding the benefits and opportunities related to discipling men in the local church. Explain The Journey to Biblical Manhood, and establish partnerships with them in this ministry.
- Communicate/Consult/Design/Sell: Effectively coach leaders in how to implement The Journey to Biblical Manhood and provide ongoing consultative services including resource identification, training, encouragement and feedback as needed.
- Build and maintain a meaningful network: Continue to build meaningful relationships with churches, and provide ongoing information, assistance and support as they implement The Journey to Biblical Manhood. Serve as an engaging role model and reliable, capable resource.
- Measure/ROI/Results: Be accountable for solid execution against pre-identified goals/targets and implementation plans, and demonstrate these results through pre- and post-church assessments and ongoing status/progress reports.
- Sustain: Secure adequate and accountable self-funding status through an effective donor relations strategy. Manage the budget with wise stewardship.
- Organization: Build and maintain transparent, collaborative, and effective working relationships with the leadership and other area directors of Man in the Mirror.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A passion for men’s ministry within the local church; experience a plus.
- High Biblical standards of leadership, integrity, morality and faithfulness.
- Willing to focus on essentials and not emphasize or champion points of theology outside our statement of faith; sensitive to denominational differences.
- Results-oriented and a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Has a professional presence and poise; conveys credibility and commands attention.
- Able to build and maintain financial self-support within predefined parameters.
- Experience in developing and delivering successful presentations to small and large groups; training experience is desirable.
- An independent thinker who also values collective IQ and collaboration.
- Able to create systems and processes for implementation, documentation and measurement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an engaging communication style.
- Relates well to and effectively demonstrates genuine care for people.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Office and able to use current business technologies.
- A degree in business or marketing is preferred.
The Area Director is to work out of a home office or other space that it is the responsibility of the Area Director to secure. The Area Director is expected to be equipped with a computer, printer, phone, fax/scanner and other tools. The Area Director will work full time, including some weeknights and weekends, based on the availability of the pastors and leaders served. The Area Director must be willing to travel one or two times per week within the director’s assigned area and nationally at least a few times each year.
- Possess 3 – 5 years in a leadership position with a ministry, business or other organization.
- Satisfy background and reference checks.
- Demonstrate the unconditional support of a local pastor and at least 2 other Christians.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a personal and office budget so that income is commensurate with expenses and debt.
- Adhere to Man in the Mirror’s conflict of interest policy .
- Concur with Man in the Mirror’s Guiding Principles
- Adhere to Man in the Mirror’s code of conduct.
- Agree with Man in the Mirror’s Statement of Faith
- Possess a reliable car insured to the minimum extent required by Man in the Mirror and a current driver’s license
Near-Term Goal: Help 100 churches disciple 30 new men each within the first three years (within denominational or geographical boundaries) by implementing the Journey to Biblical Manhood.