– Hello from warm and sunny Winona Lake! Thought I’d share something that I have been learning lately, about “perspective”…
– I participate on the church softball team at my church, Pleasant View Bible Church. And we have games every Tuesday night. This is something that my friends and I enjoy so much, that it often has been the highlight of our weeks! *Yes, I know, to some of you that may sound like a need for a life, but hey… we enjoy it!*
– Win or lose, it’s a lot of fun to go out to the diamond and play! Being able to have fellowship with fellow brothers in Christ is a blast, and coupling that with a sport is even cooler! Having my brother and some of my best friends on the team makes for some fun times.
– However, the last few weeks it has been rained out. And of course, we’ve been bummed, because we really wanted to go out there and play the games! But as I’ve (hopefully) matured over the years, I’ve been able to step back and see the bigger picture. I realize that not having a softball game is not the end of the world. I know that we need rain to keep the lawns green, and to keep the farmers’ crops growing. There is always a silver lining, even if we don’t realize it!
– Anyway, hope that is something that may be an encouragement for you! Having the proper perspective on things in life is so key, even if it means not being able to do one of your favorite activities ever!!
– John Franklin