Senior Pastor – Waterford Community Church, Waterford MI
Job Title: Senior Pastor
The Senior Pastor will have general oversight, in cooperation with the Elder Board, of the spiritual life, services, educational and missionary programs, and administration of the ordinances of the church consistent with our mission, values and vision. This will include:
- Teaching & Preaching
- Servant Leadership to provide vision, direction and encouragement
- Shepherding to lovingly care for those who are sick, hurting, or going astray
- Spiritual mentoring, training and example to staff and lay leadership
- Direct supervision of all other ministering staff and support staff
Character: Consistent with Biblical qualifications for Elder
Call of God: Testimony corroborated by ordination and life experience
Doctrine: Consistent with and in support of WCC Doctrinal Statement
Job Skills: Gifted in teaching/preaching, shepherding, leadership and administration
Experience: Preferred 7-10 years experience in ministry with at least 3 years as Senior Pastor
Education: Masters degree (preferred)
Contact Name: Gary Johnson
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Info: Waterford Community Church
3900 Airport Rd
Waterford, MI 48329
Web Site: www.waterfordwired.org
Average Attendance: 200
Church Government: Elder Led
Worship Style: Blended
Community Type: Suburban
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature and that man is totally depraved and of himself is unable to remedy his lost condition.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe on Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost the saved to everlasting blessedness and the lost to everlasting conscious punishment.
8.We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and that they thereby become children of God and members of the Body of Christ, the Church, which includes all born-again persons in this present age.
9. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and judgment and who regenerates, indwells, enlightens and empowers the saved, sealing them unto the day of redemption.
10. We believe that the saved are called to a life of separation from all sinful practices.
11. We believe that it is the obligation of every Christian to witness by life and word to the truth and to take part in proclaiming the Gospel to all the world.
12. We believe that Satan is a person, the author of all sin, the enemy of God and the deceiver of mankind and that he shall be eternally punished in the lake of fire.
13. We believe in the eternal security of the saved.
14. We believe in the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ.