Commencement ceremonies at Grace College took place Saturday, May 19 at 9:00 a.m. in the Orthopaedic Capital Center at Grace College.
Ronald E. Manahan, Th.D., president of Grace College and Seminary led the commencement ceremony, while Rev. Jesús G. Muñoz, Director of Ethnic Ministries for the Southeast USA with Encompass World Partners gave the invocation.
Grace College and Seminary’s graduating class of 2012 consists of 567 graduates:
- 79 received Bachelor of Arts degrees
- 192 received Bachelor of Science degrees
- 20 received Master of Arts in Behavioral Science degrees
- 14 received Master of Arts in Ministry Studies degrees
- 59 received an Associate of Science degree in Management from the School of Adult and Community Education’s Prison Extension program
- 1 received a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management degree from the School of Adult and Community Education’s Prison Extension program
- 78 received a Bachelor of Science in Management degree from the School of Adult and Community Education’s Prison Extension program
- 36 received a Bachelor of Science in Management degree from the School of Adult and Community Education’s GOAL program
- 1 received a Master of Education degree from the School of Adult and Community Education
- 15 received Master of Business Administration degrees from the School of Adult and Community Education
- 30 received Master of Science in Orthopaedic Regulatory & Clinical Affairs degrees from the School of Adult and Community Education
- 1 received a Certificate in Biblical Studies from Grace Theological Seminary
- 9 received Master of Art degrees from Grace Theological Seminary
- 6 received Master of Divinity degrees from Grace Theological Seminary
- 4 received Doctor of Ministry degrees from Grace Theological Seminary
- 22 received Doctor of Missiology degrees from Grace Theological Seminary.
The class is comprised of students from 27 states and 19 countries that include: Argentina, Australia, China, England, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey and the United States.
A total of 127 Baccalaureate degree recipients earned graduation honors and wore gold tassels, cords or sashes at commencement.
- 34 achieved Summa Cum Laude honors
- 50 achieved Magna Cum Laude
- 43 earned Cum Laude honors
Additionally, 49 earned Honors in the Graduate Division and Seminary Division.
Grace College and Seminary is an evangelical Christian community of higher education which offers undergraduate and graduate degrees and applies biblical values in strengthening character, sharpening competence, and preparing for service. The Seminary is conservative, evangelical, and has a rich tradition of sound biblical education that prepares men and women for both local and global church ministry. All of the institution’s academic, residential, athletic, and social priorities are designed to encourage intellectual and spiritual growth in a supportive campus community. Grace College also offers convenient and flexible online and hybrid-online graduate degrees and an on-campus or online degree completion program. The newest initiative—Grace College Weber School—is a highly-affordable, easily-accessible two-year degree program in Fort Wayne and Indianapolis. Grace has historically been among the top schools of its size and listed in U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Colleges. The Princeton Review has regularly awarded it the title of a “Best Midwestern College.” The 180-acre main campus is located in the historic resort town of Winona Lake, near Warsaw, Indiana.