Archive for the ‘Grace Theological Seminary’ Category
The Nappanee United Methodist Church is searching for a mature Christian who is able to work well with children, as part of a team, and have excellent communication and delegation skills. As well, she or he must be knowledgeable about curriculum and be able to recruit and train volunteers. The candidate must also be able to pass a background check and adhere to child protection guidelines.
Job Description (Duties and Responsibilities):
The purpose of our Children’s Ministry Program at the Nappanee United Methodist Church is to help our children know the love of God in Jesus Christ, have a personal relationship with him, and to establish a Biblical foundation for life-long growth in the Christian faith.
While the most significant way we accomplish this is through embodying it individually, we as a congregation strive currently to accomplish this through: Sunday School, Kids Own Worship & Wednesday evening programs.
With this purpose in mind, we are searching for a part time Director of Christian Ministry. Highlights of these responsibilities include:
- develop/implement the vision, strategy/tactical elements for all programs, activities & educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry
- plan, coordinate, implement, evaluate the Children’s ministry & Sunday School (Nursery-5th grade), Wednesday evening programming, VBS, over-seeing the Nursery, Playtime & Kids Own Worship
- choose & prepare appropriate curriculum for each program/age level, keeping materials organized & accessible
- provide strategic leadership & planning initiatives for the Children’s Ministry Team (CMT)
- Set the direction, recruit, train, pray for, involve, schedule CMT staff & volunteers
- Develop processes & position guidelines necessary for effective CMT ministry; including assimilating new children & families into children’s ministry
Desired Qualifications: A candidate who is familiar with United Methodist theology and practices is preferred but not essential.
Salary: Salary is negotiable. This is a part time position averaging 15 hours per week.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2013
Contact Information: Please send cover letter and resume by email or mail to:
Pastor Jim Davidson
Nappanee United Methodist Church
301 E. Market Street
Nappanee, IN 46550
Church Website: http://www.nappaneeumc.com/
First Baptist Church of Canton, Ohio is currently seeking a talented person to fill the role of Associate Pastor. Duties include worship/music leader and youth minister.
Do you have a calling to serve Christ and the local church? Are you a gifted musician and leader with a desire to develop and disciple others? Are you passionate about leading people in worship both musically and spiritually? You may just be who we are looking for!
- passionate about Jesus and his mission
- talented with strong musical experience
- leading a praise band with vocal & keyboard experience
- self-motivated and able to motivate others
- experienced in building and leading a team
- organized & efficient especially with time management
- a team player with a positive attitude, high energy & strong interpersonal skills
- someone who has a strong desire to develop, disciple & pastor other volunteer musicians
- computer & internet experience needed for worship software
- applicants are subject to an initial background check & subsequent checks every 5 years
- oversee Sunday 11am worship team & be comfortable leading prayer
- prepare for services with the senior pastor
- organize & oversee weekly rehearsal
- select weekly music & media art that enhances the total worship experience
- recruit & develop the spiritual lives of musicians
- be in contact with the scheduled praise time leader in advance & coordinate play lists
- provide lyrics for the tech team to make the slides for Sunday services
- plan, organize, rehearse & help oversee special music (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- keep up to date on new music & contemporary artists
- contribute to the future vision of the Church
Interested candidates can contact:
Search Committee Chairman
Church Website: http://www.firstbaptist-canton.org/
For more information and/or to submit a resume, please contact:
Shelterwood is a Christian therapeutic boarding school for at-risk teenagers located in Independence, Missouri. We hire undergraduate degree and graduate degree men and women to live and work for a year with our teenagers. Here is specifics about our program:
We hire single men & women who have a passion for Christ and a passion to help at-risk teenagers in our Shelterwood program. It’s a challenging, frustrating, tiring and also a life-changing year of service for the Kingdom. The position pays $1,000 a month stipend plus free room and board, insurance benefits, and excellent training. Experience working or volunteering with teenagers is very helpful.
Take a tour of the campus: http://shelterwood.org/campus-tour
Our next openings for male and female staff are for December 27 start date. After that our next openings will be for May and August, 2014 start dates. Apply online to join our team on this exciting adventure of helping restore families! Apply at http://shelterwood.org/discipleship-program/paid-positions-available.
Here is what some parents have said regarding the important role the men and women who serve as big brothers and sisters play in their youth’s lives: http://youtu.be/9pVcGsV6zC8.
For more information please contact:
Maplewood Christian Church of Ravenna, Ohio is searching for an individual for the position of Pastor. The pastor is responsible for
- Sunday morning services
- Wednesday night Bible Studies
- Pastoral and hospital invitation
- Personal ministry to the congregation
- Occasional counseling
- General oversight of the ministries of the church.
The candidate should have a desire to reach the lost as well as minister to those within the church. The pastor is responsible to the board of elders which is elected annually by the congregation.
Additional information about the church can be found on the church’s webpage at http://maplewoodcc.org/.
Maplewood Doctrinal Statement: http://maplewoodcc.org/doctrines.html
Resumes may be forwarded to the address below for consideration. If available an audio copy of a recent sermon would be helpful as well. All inquiries should be directed to John Pascoe, pulpit committee chair at the email or phone number listed.
For more information or to apply:Email: Jpascoe251@yahoo.com Phone: 330 298-3979
Mail Resume to:John Pascoe 251Madison St. Ravenna OH 44266
Blue River Church of the Brethren, Columbia City, Indiana, is searching for a part-time youth pastor.
Blue River is one of the more conservative congregations in the Northern Indiana District, and we try to maintain faithful adherence to the historic teachings of the Brethren, including trine immersion baptism for all members, the full Love Feast, the prayer veiling for services, modest dress, and lifetime faithfulness in marriage. Our basic statement of faith is the Brethren Card. http://www.blueriverchurch.org/?page_id=2
We are seeking someone who will uphold and model these understandings to our youth.
Our youth are energetic, and some have experienced short-term missions trips over the past several years. They are seeking to honor the Lord, and are in need of discipleship, instruction in God’s Word, and worthwhile Christian activity. We are not interested in “baby-sitting” our youth, but in challenging them to live for the Lord now.
We have an active Youth Steering Committee, and supportive parents. The right man will find our youth a joyful challenge.
If you are interested in this position, please request a copy of our profile from the
Northern Indiana District Office
162 E. Market Street Nappanee, IN 46550
Established, elder-led rural Ohio church of approximately 100 seeks a servant-leader for our senior pastor position.
Some of the qualifications of Lucas Grace Bible’s next senior pastor include, but are not limited to:
- Seminary graduate preferred (M.Div highly preferred)
- Pastoral & counseling experience preferred
- Balanced approach to discipleship, teaching and outreach.
This person will be willing to preach the whole Scripture, delegate with trust and be willing to relocate to our small Ohio community. Interested individuals should send their detailed resume and any links to sermon audio or video to email@example.com. No calls, please.
Church Website: http://www.lucasgracebible.org/
Grace Bible Church of Seabrook, Maryland is seeking candidates to fill the position of Assistant Pastor for our non-denominational, urban, ethnically diverse, 160+ member congregation. The position is a full-time vocational ministry role. We are seeking male candidates only to fill this position. Above all, the qualified candidate will demonstrate living and goals that exemplify passion for Jesus Christ and His church.
Grace Bible Church recently completed and accepted a Staffing Assessment Plan. The plan commits to the Ephesians 4 pastoral model, and as such, has determined that an Assistant Pastor would greatly enhance the ministries and outreach of our local church body. The SAP established a hierarchy of paid staffing positions, including a broad spectrum description for the Assistant Pastor role. The plan allows for an entry-level, journeyman, or experienced person in this role, and places into effect a plan for long-term growth in an attempt to edify not only the local body, but the church as a whole.
The ideal candidate will…
- Have, as a minimum, completed a 4-year college degree or higher (i.e, Master’s degree or Seminary)
- Have demonstrated leadership and involvement in a variety of church ministries
- Work well with all types of people (i.e, age, ethnicity, background)
- Must currently be an active member of a body of believers
- Possess secular vocational life experience
- Fluent in English, Spanish as a second language a plus
- Provide professional and personal references of said qualifications upon request
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Parsonage (on-campus; some space is dual use to Assistant Pastor and church ministries)
- Insurance and Benefits
Submission and Schedule: Candidates may submit resumes to…Grace Bible Church Attn: Search Committee 9920 Lanham Severn Road Seabrook, Maryland 20706
Must be submitted in hard copy in a sealed envelope before August 30, 2013. The Committee will begin reviewing applications after that date. No emails or faxes please.
Further information about Grace Bible Church may be viewed at www.gracebc.com.
-Plans worship services
-Helps with Awana
-Visitation (sick & shut-ins)
-Officiates funerals & weddings
Church website: http://aingerbible.org/sunday_school