Archive for the ‘Grace Theological Seminary’ Category
LEADER OF YOUTH MINISTRY
DEFINITION: Youth ministry is a series of programs and activities to give young people a chance to participate in Church life, develop their own faith and spirituality, and discover new friendships. It incorporates fun, faith and friends.
GOAL: Teach the youth basic tenets of the Christian faith and how to apply Christian values to life situations.
SALARY: Part-time; based on experience.
HOURS: Wednesday evenings, Sundays, plus special events.
- A graduate or college senior (at least 21 years of age) with a major in and passion for, Youth Ministry;
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, as well as a strong desire to serve within the church;
- Musical skills preferred;
- A team player with effective relational skills (works well with others);
- A satisfactory background security check.
- Coordinate the Middle School and High School age Sunday School classes and Wednesday evening Youth group;
- Plan outings for the youth. Be responsible for securing all travel arrangements, adult chaperones, and providing Christian teaching or times for worship during the youth trips.
- Encourage and recruit young people to participate in the youth activities, worship and educational activities of the congregation and community;
- Coordinate fund-raisers, as needed, to support special youth activities and trips;
- Publicize youth activities through the worship bulletin, posters, bulletin boards, etc.
- Available to youth, as needed;
- Build and maintain relationships with kids both churched and unchurched;
- Maintain administrative records (e.g. consent forms);
- Attend Elder Council meetings, first Monday of each month, and provide verbal report.
- Coordinate roles and responsibilities of volunteer leaders;
- Protect the reputation and integrity of the youth or others through strict confidentiality;
- Network with other youth workers in the community.
Questions, please contact Pastor Brad Cox at (574) 518-1068. E-mail résumé to Tim Gillum, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website: http://wawaseechapel.com/
Fallen Timbers Community Church is a church with the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
The church is a suburb of Toledo, OH and is a young congregation of 500+ people.
Each weekend the church has 3 identical services.
Qualifications: Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Church Music or Worship Studies.
Duties: Lead a worship team in 3 identical services each weekend.
For more info. contact: Rev. Jeff Wheelland email@example.com
To apply: send resume & downloadable video in MP4 to Rev. Wheeland at the address above.
The Peru Grace Brethren Church is seeking a man who has thorough Biblical training/education to join our team of Elders as a full-time Associate Pastor.
- To have a heart for family/children’s ministries.
- To lead our youth ministry.
- To share in the preaching, teaching, and worship service ministries with the Senior Pastor.
Please send questions, and/or letter of interest, & resume to:
The Council of Elders
Peru Grace Brethren Church
430 South Broadway
Peru, Indiana 46970
Church website is: http://www.perugrace.org/
11525 SR 10 W
Argos, IN 46501
The Community Evangelical Free Church is a small rural congregation tucked into the hills of southwest Wisconsin. CEFC was founded in 1998 and has been served by three pastors. The present pastor has been with us for seven years. CEFC is a healthy church with a desire to grow and reach people in the Shullsburg area with the Gospel.
If the called individual is without senior pastor experience a transitional period until September of 2015 could be arranged. Regardless of experience, the elders would appreciate a willingness to spend time working with the current pastor. Then, on September 1, 2015, Pastor Lee would move on to the next stage of his journey, and the new individual would become the pastor. During the transition period, some compensation would be available, but the salary and benefits package would not begin until September 2015.
If this is an opportunity you would be interested in pursuing please send your resume to the church. Also we invite you to call or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us with any questions you have.
Pastor Lee: 608-965-3016 or 608-482-4014
Tom Hackl, Search Committee Chairman: 608-482-1943
Nick Johnson, Elder Board Chairman: 608-574-6011
Christian Union seeks a qualified individual to serve as a Ministry Fellow to Ivy League University students. Ministry Fellows are responsible for ministering to Christian and non-Christian students, overseeing programs and social events, teaching Christian students the Scriptures, and sharing the Gospel with non-believers. Our website: http://www.christianunion.org/
- Recruit and teach students the Scriptures in 12-week intensive small-group Bible Courses and in one-on-one settings
- Recruit and coach teams of students to organize outreach, social and other events
- Organize, implement and oversee additional important discipleship and outreach programs including conferences, evangelistic events, speaker series, and others as needed
- Share the gospel with students individually, as well as in small and large group settings
- Offer hospitality and friendship to students through meals, parties and other social gatherings
- With other Christian Union Fellows at the end of each year, evaluate the effectiveness of ministry programs in order to suggest and implement modifications
Assume other responsibilities as needed for the sake of the ministry on campus, or for the sake of the overall Christian Union ministry
- Strong devotion to Jesus Christ, holiness, and a passion to make Him known
- Knowledge of the basics of the faith, as well as the heart and capacity to study and teach complex theological issues
- In agreement with our Statement of Faith and Ethics
- Adaptable to the culture of an Ivy League school
- Passion for students to know and follow Jesus Christ, and ability to form friendships with students quickly and easily
- Excellent communication ability
- Capable of delegating responsibility to students and coaching them to performance standards
- Quick learning ability to absorb the best practices of the ministry
- Strong teaming skills in order to work well with other Teaching and Ministry Fellows
- Five years minimum professional experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, and to work independently to complete tasks
- Theological training helpful but not required
Christian Union has both Teaching Fellow and Ministry Fellow positions. The requirements and responsibilities of these two different positions overlap in many ways, except for the expectation of stronger theological training and teaching ability for Teaching Fellows and stronger professional and organizational skills for Ministry Fellows. Christian Union is currently seeking a Women’s Ministry Fellow to join its team ministering to undergraduate students at Harvard University by the summer of 2014.
Compensation is based on a number of factors and ranges from $45,000 – $90,000. This is a full-time paid position, so no individual support-raising required. You will, however, be asked to participate in general fund-raising activities.
Interested applicants should send a résumé and cover letter to Opportunities@ChristianUnion.org.
Calvary Evangelical Free Church
About the position:
This is a new position based on growth in the congregation and a desire for the church to more effectively engage with the community. Looking forward, Calvary is preparing to add a second worship service with the long-term vision of planting a sister Church in the area. Calvary is a congregation of about 180 in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Indiana is a university town 60 miles NE of Pittsburgh and with surrounding White Township the population is over 28,000.
The Family Life Pastor will assist the Senior Pastor in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ and encourage the local church body to actively share the gospel in the community. This Pastor will provide pastoral care to the church and community. He will give administrative leadership that helps guide the spiritual development of the congregation.
- Meet with attendees(including visitors) for the purpose of better integrating them into the Body of Christ at Calvary
- Actively participate in and help coordinate adult outreach activities
- Assist with hospital/home visitation as needed
- Preach on Sunday as needed
- Oversee other ministries as skill-appropriate
Small Group Ministries
- Help discover, develop and provide resources for small group leaders
- Implement small groups after recognizing the dynamics at Calvary
- Ensure that small groups are well rounded and balanced in ministry, instruction, service, evangelism and relationships.
Children & Youth Ministries
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry Coordinator & Youth Leader by observing and advising to help ministry effectiveness
- Work with leaders to reach out to unchurched family members of children and youth
- Help design & facilitate outreach events for families in the community
It is preferred that the Family Life Pastor be a seminary graduate or at least working toward a degree. It is expected that He will have experience leading and teaching groups. The candidate should also be comfortable relating to unsaved people without using church jargon. This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $40k plus benefits.
If interested, please send your resume to Gino Cosentino at email@example.com