Archive for the ‘Graduate Department of Counseling and Interpersonal Relations’ Category
Christian Union seeks a qualified individual to serve as a Ministry Fellow to Ivy League University students. Ministry Fellows are responsible for ministering to Christian and non-Christian students, overseeing programs and social events, teaching Christian students the Scriptures, and sharing the Gospel with non-believers. Our website: http://www.christianunion.org/
- Recruit and teach students the Scriptures in 12-week intensive small-group Bible Courses and in one-on-one settings
- Recruit and coach teams of students to organize outreach, social and other events
- Organize, implement and oversee additional important discipleship and outreach programs including conferences, evangelistic events, speaker series, and others as needed
- Share the gospel with students individually, as well as in small and large group settings
- Offer hospitality and friendship to students through meals, parties and other social gatherings
- With other Christian Union Fellows at the end of each year, evaluate the effectiveness of ministry programs in order to suggest and implement modifications
Assume other responsibilities as needed for the sake of the ministry on campus, or for the sake of the overall Christian Union ministry
- Strong devotion to Jesus Christ, holiness, and a passion to make Him known
- Knowledge of the basics of the faith, as well as the heart and capacity to study and teach complex theological issues
- In agreement with our Statement of Faith and Ethics
- Adaptable to the culture of an Ivy League school
- Passion for students to know and follow Jesus Christ, and ability to form friendships with students quickly and easily
- Excellent communication ability
- Capable of delegating responsibility to students and coaching them to performance standards
- Quick learning ability to absorb the best practices of the ministry
- Strong teaming skills in order to work well with other Teaching and Ministry Fellows
- Five years minimum professional experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, and to work independently to complete tasks
- Theological training helpful but not required
Christian Union has both Teaching Fellow and Ministry Fellow positions. The requirements and responsibilities of these two different positions overlap in many ways, except for the expectation of stronger theological training and teaching ability for Teaching Fellows and stronger professional and organizational skills for Ministry Fellows. Christian Union is currently seeking a Women’s Ministry Fellow to join its team ministering to undergraduate students at Harvard University by the summer of 2014.
Compensation is based on a number of factors and ranges from $45,000 – $90,000. This is a full-time paid position, so no individual support-raising required. You will, however, be asked to participate in general fund-raising activities.
Interested applicants should send a résumé and cover letter to Opportunities@ChristianUnion.org.
- Flexible Scheduling: With weekends off and the ability to get a week off if needed, it makes a great summer get-away job without having to kiss the world good-bye!
- Competitive Pay: We actually PAY our summer staff! You don’t have to raise missionary support!
- Opportunities to use your gifts: We care about what you can do! Chances to learn and grow in teaching, puppets, worship, adventures, games, small groups, gospel sharing, and more!
We are looking for a humble, yet confident, young man who is willing to travel, devote his life to bringing people to Christ.
The Campaign Director will set up, help lead, administrate, and follow-up evangelistic campaigns in countries around the world, such as Pakistan, India, Kenya, Tanzania, and many others.
He will work with pastors and other leaders in cities to set up meetings attended by tens of thousands of people, in order to win many to Christ and organize effective, on-going discipleship, especially in many of the least-reached nations in the world.
This position requires a whole-hearted commitment to Jesus Christ and a deep desire to obey His command to “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations” (Matt. 28:29).
Before sending your application please take the time to review our website: www.newfireforchrist.org
For more info. concerning this position please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a cover letter, resume, and your salvation story by email or mail…
New Fire for Christ
PO Box 6171
Norfolk, VA 23508
The Nappanee United Methodist Church is searching for a mature Christian who is able to work well with children, as part of a team, and have excellent communication and delegation skills. As well, she or he must be knowledgeable about curriculum and be able to recruit and train volunteers. The candidate must also be able to pass a background check and adhere to child protection guidelines.
Job Description (Duties and Responsibilities):
The purpose of our Children’s Ministry Program at the Nappanee United Methodist Church is to help our children know the love of God in Jesus Christ, have a personal relationship with him, and to establish a Biblical foundation for life-long growth in the Christian faith.
While the most significant way we accomplish this is through embodying it individually, we as a congregation strive currently to accomplish this through: Sunday School, Kids Own Worship & Wednesday evening programs.
With this purpose in mind, we are searching for a part time Director of Christian Ministry. Highlights of these responsibilities include:
- develop/implement the vision, strategy/tactical elements for all programs, activities & educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry
- plan, coordinate, implement, evaluate the Children’s ministry & Sunday School (Nursery-5th grade), Wednesday evening programming, VBS, over-seeing the Nursery, Playtime & Kids Own Worship
- choose & prepare appropriate curriculum for each program/age level, keeping materials organized & accessible
- provide strategic leadership & planning initiatives for the Children’s Ministry Team (CMT)
- Set the direction, recruit, train, pray for, involve, schedule CMT staff & volunteers
- Develop processes & position guidelines necessary for effective CMT ministry; including assimilating new children & families into children’s ministry
Desired Qualifications: A candidate who is familiar with United Methodist theology and practices is preferred but not essential.
Salary: Salary is negotiable. This is a part time position averaging 15 hours per week.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2013
Contact Information: Please send cover letter and resume by email or mail to:
Pastor Jim Davidson
Nappanee United Methodist Church
301 E. Market Street
Nappanee, IN 46550
Church Website: http://www.nappaneeumc.com/
Shelterwood is a Christian therapeutic boarding school for at-risk teenagers located in Independence, Missouri. We hire undergraduate degree and graduate degree men and women to live and work for a year with our teenagers. Here is specifics about our program:
We hire single men & women who have a passion for Christ and a passion to help at-risk teenagers in our Shelterwood program. It’s a challenging, frustrating, tiring and also a life-changing year of service for the Kingdom. The position pays $1,000 a month stipend plus free room and board, insurance benefits, and excellent training. Experience working or volunteering with teenagers is very helpful.
Take a tour of the campus: http://shelterwood.org/campus-tour
Our next openings for male and female staff are for December 27 start date. After that our next openings will be for May and August, 2014 start dates. Apply online to join our team on this exciting adventure of helping restore families! Apply at http://shelterwood.org/discipleship-program/paid-positions-available.
Here is what some parents have said regarding the important role the men and women who serve as big brothers and sisters play in their youth’s lives: http://youtu.be/9pVcGsV6zC8.
For more information please contact:
Blue River Church of the Brethren, Columbia City, Indiana, is searching for a part-time youth pastor.
Blue River is one of the more conservative congregations in the Northern Indiana District, and we try to maintain faithful adherence to the historic teachings of the Brethren, including trine immersion baptism for all members, the full Love Feast, the prayer veiling for services, modest dress, and lifetime faithfulness in marriage. Our basic statement of faith is the Brethren Card. http://www.blueriverchurch.org/?page_id=2
We are seeking someone who will uphold and model these understandings to our youth.
Our youth are energetic, and some have experienced short-term missions trips over the past several years. They are seeking to honor the Lord, and are in need of discipleship, instruction in God’s Word, and worthwhile Christian activity. We are not interested in “baby-sitting” our youth, but in challenging them to live for the Lord now.
We have an active Youth Steering Committee, and supportive parents. The right man will find our youth a joyful challenge.
If you are interested in this position, please request a copy of our profile from the
Northern Indiana District Office
162 E. Market Street Nappanee, IN 46550