Master of Arts in Interpersonal Relations

The Master of Arts in Interpersonal Relations degree is a non-licensed degree for pastors, human resource directors, teachers, coaches, nurses, law enforcement officers, managers, student affairs personnel on college and university campuses, lay people, and others who require counseling skills in the workplace.

*The start dates for a new cohort for the Interpersonal Relations program is always dependent on sufficient enrollment. If a cohort does not begin on the anticipated date, a student may request a refund of the full deposit.

Admissions Requirements

In order to be considered for enrollment in one of the graduate programs at Grace, you must fulfill certain admission requirements. Below is a list of the requirements for the Master of Arts Interpersonal Relationships program.

  • A baccalaureate degree
  • Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 3.0
  • Complete the application process

Apply now

Application deadline: August 1

After all parts of your application have been completed and received in our enrollment office, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. 

Application fee. Include a $30 nonrefundable application fee with your application. To avoid this fee, apply online.

Unless otherwise specified, submit the requested information to:

Grace College

Office of Graduate and Adult Enrollment
ATTN: Dean of Admissions
200 Seminary Drive
Winona Lake, Indiana 46590
Fax: 574.372.5120

  • Apply Online or download an application.

    MA in IR Admission Application

  • Personal Questionnaire

    MA in IR Personal Questionnaire

    The Personal Questionnaire is to be completed and submitted by the applicant to:

    Grace Graduate Department of Counseling & Interpersonal Relations
    ATTN: Dr. Tammy Schultz, Ph.D., Department Chair
    200 Seminary Drive
    Winona Lake, Indiana 46590

  • Photos

    Attach two recent photos of yourself to your application or email a digital photo of yourself to

  • Personal Interview

    The Department Chair will contact you to schedule a personal interview after receiving your personal questionnaire.

The following five parts are to be completed and/or requested and submitted by the appropriate persons or institutions:

Personal Reference

Complete the top portion of the form and forward it to a qualified individual (not a relative) who knows you well. It will be returned by your reference person directly to our Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office.

MA in IR Personal Reference

Spiritual Life Reference

Complete the top portion of the form and forward it to your pastor or a spiritual mentor of your choice (not a relative). It will be returned by your reference person directly to our Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office.

MA in IR Spiritual Life Reference

Transcript Request/Student Evaluation

All Graduate Department of Counseling and Interpersonal Relations applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions which they have attended. The transcripts must come directly from the school. Complete the top section of the Transcript Request/Student Evaluation form and send it to the Registrar of each post-secondary school you have attended. (You may need more than one of these forms.) The registrar will complete the remainder of the form and return it with a copy of your official transcripts directly to the Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office.

MA in IR Transcript Request

Graduate Record Examination

The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is the required examination for acceptance into the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree program at Grace. Request that your scores be sent directly to the Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office. This examination should be taken as early as possible. Information about the GRE may be obtained by calling 609-771-7670 or online. The Grace code number is 1252.

Background Check

If you are an Indiana resident, go to to request a Limited Criminal History report. Complete the information for the history and mark #11 (“Has volunteered services at a public school”) as your “Reason for Request.” This document will not automatically be sent to you. The electronic report will be made available to you when you submit your information online. Please save or print the report and email or mail a copy to the Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office (address above). If you are not an Indiana resident, to request a form go to and click on “state” to request a criminal background check.

Enrollment Deposit

Submit your Enrollment Deposit
A deposit of $250 is required of all graduate students accepting admission to Grace College.


Tuition and Costs

  • Per credit hour $492
  • Per audit hour $158
  • Online Course Fee $125


Email Graduate Admissions or call 877-607-0012.

Financial Aid & Scholarships

Financial Aid Checklist

Male citizens of the U.S. and male immigrant aliens 18 through 25 years old must be registered with the U.S. Selective Service System to be eligible for federal student loans and grants. Men can register at any post office or register online.

  • Apply and be accepted for admission to Grace College.
  • The FAFSA must be completed and mailed to the government as soon as possible after January 1st. Grace's Federal School Code is 001800. June 30th is the deadline.
  • File the FAFSA form online (preferred for Indiana residents).
  • Documents or clarifying information requested by Grace College’s Office of Student Financial Aid Services must be submitted within 30 days by the student and/or parent. Notify the Student Financial Aid Office if you will be receiving any outside sources of financial aid.
  • Upon receiving the Student Aid Notification letter from Grace College, the student must carefully follow all the instructions that are listed.

Additional information about student financial aid may be secured by contacting:

Grace College & Seminary
Office of Student Financial Aid Services
200 Seminary Drive
Winona Lake, IN 46590
Telephone: 1-800-54-GRACE

Outside Scholarship and Loan Repayment Opportunities


Email the Office of Student Financial Aid or call 800-544-7223, ext. 6162.